Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Adapting to your Cibola, and adabting your Cibola to the ground mineral environment.

December 04, 2018 03:34PM
Monte
Then the 'fun' begins when you take it out to a selected site with potentially good targets to be found.

Look forward to finding a time when it's not raining, or other duties are requested. I have nothing going on Sunday, so of course they are calling for rain.

Monte
Just get about working a site, using a slow-and-methodical sweep speed, pausing only long enough to isolate

Now that made a light come on. So swing speed should be slow with the Cibola?

Monte
For some that might depend on if they are right-handed or left-handed.

LOL! That's fair! Touche'!!

Monte
It is a simple matter to address, however, as all the user needs to do if find the most mineralized ground in the areas you generally hunt, then be ready with a small screw driver and open the Cibola to locate the GB trimmer, then very carefully tweak the internal GB in the All Metal mode so that it is just very slightly negative in the All Metal mode with a Tesoro. Double-check the GB setting in the Discriminate mode to make sure it isn't set too negatively.

Monte
Naturally I have no clue what kind of 'Depth' you hoped for as you didn't indicate an expectation.

In response to both of the above quotes. I took a few minutes this afternoon and tweaked the GB. The adjustment was about the thickness of a dime to the negative side in order to get a nice neutral GB, but man what a difference it made in the machines performance and my optimism for it. Over the next couple of days I will double check GB at a couple of close by parks. My "depth hopes" were that it would pickup the 6 inch deep Mercury dime in my test garden, while discriminated up above tabs. Again, this is just what I optimistically hoped for. Originally it would not even crack/pop a little bit. After the GB adjustment it hits the 6" dime fairly consistently. Hoping maybe in a real world hunt with coins that have been in the ground for decades, it will hit them regularly.

Monte
when it first came out I described it as an 'OOR' coil, for its slightly Out-Of-Round' shape.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Upstate South Carolina
Current Detectors-
Teknetics T2 SE with stock 11" and 5" DD coils
MXT 300 with stock 12 inch coil, 9" spider, 950, 5.3 and SEF 8X6 coils
Tesoro Compadre
Subject Author Views Posted

New to me Cibola

GA1dad 203 December 03, 2018 08:07PM

Re: New to me Cibola

GA1dad 112 December 06, 2018 06:39PM

Getting out with your Tesoro Cibola.

Monte 121 December 07, 2018 02:21PM

Adapting to your Cibola, and adabting your Cibola to the ground mineral environment.

Monte 157 December 04, 2018 07:50AM

Re: Adapting to your Cibola, and adabting your Cibola to the ground mineral environment.

GA1dad 147 December 04, 2018 03:34PM

Druid 124 December 05, 2018 02:11PM

GA1dad 124 December 05, 2018 08:15PM

Druid 121 December 06, 2018 03:26PM

Tesoro's and a Ground Balance control and Iron Audio ID.

Monte 139 December 07, 2018 02:52PM

Just to touch on a couple of points.

Monte 125 December 05, 2018 02:21AM

Re: Just to touch on a couple of points.

GA1dad 125 December 05, 2018 08:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018