Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting out with your Tesoro Cibola.

December 07, 2018 02:21PM avatar
GA1dad
The yard of this old mill home is quite full of nails and decades of trash. One of those places that every hole dug has an extra few nails in with your keeper. Targets have been few and far between for quite a while, but I still like to hit it every now and then to see if I can squeak out just one more coin. (It doesn't take much to make me happy) Today I was indeed able to find one more old-ish coin,, a '34 wheat cent, and just a few other brass/copper trash targets.
I'm with you on the comment: "It doesn't take much to make me happy." it's a hobby and I enjoy getting out detecting to have 'fun' and learn something more about a detector or coil or the hunt site environment. I also like to re-visit sites I have hunted previously as there can always be something missed and left for me to find.

GA1dad
The machine was a pleasure to swing. No shoulder fatigue at all.
That's part of the reason I enjoy my three Tesoro's that are all in that dinky housing. Light and comfortable and they provide a certain level of performance that is also a pleasure to experience.

GA1dad
Overall I am not displeased with the machine. I look forward to taking it to an older home site or a patch of woods without too much modern trash.
The standard 8X9 Concentric coil can do well in most applications, but I still prefer the smaller-size coils on all my detectors and keep the thin 6" Concentric mounted full-time on each of my Tesoro's. Light and maneuverable in and around brush, building rubble and helps deal with dense trash, too.

GA1dad
And I was tickled that my pinpointer didn't cause chatter when close to the Cibola.
I have used a variety of hand-held pinpointers, and currently use a Nokta pointer and Makro pointer, and I haven't ever experienced interference from a pinpointer with any Tesoro model I have used.

Looking forward to your next report from taking the Cibola afield and wishing you continued success .... even if it is only one older penny at a time.winking smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

New to me Cibola

GA1dad 135 December 03, 2018 08:07PM

Re: New to me Cibola

GA1dad 81 December 06, 2018 06:39PM

Getting out with your Tesoro Cibola.

Monte 78 December 07, 2018 02:21PM

Adapting to your Cibola, and adabting your Cibola to the ground mineral environment.

Monte 120 December 04, 2018 07:50AM

Re: Adapting to your Cibola, and adabting your Cibola to the ground mineral environment.

GA1dad 99 December 04, 2018 03:34PM

Re: Adapting to your Cibola, and adabting your Cibola to the ground mineral environment.

Druid 92 December 05, 2018 02:11PM

GA1dad 88 December 05, 2018 08:15PM

Druid 88 December 06, 2018 03:26PM

Tesoro's and a Ground Balance control and Iron Audio ID.

Monte 97 December 07, 2018 02:52PM

Just to touch on a couple of points.

Monte 90 December 05, 2018 02:21AM

Re: Just to touch on a couple of points.

GA1dad 91 December 05, 2018 08:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018