Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float Congratulations on a new addition to your detector group.

December 05, 2018 02:42AM avatar
Yes, that was a high dollar amount, but I have done the same thing, even this year, to reacquire a very decent Bandido II microMAX. I have bought a few this year alone (3) to include getting my unit back that was stolen with five other detectors in October of 2017.

Like you, I also currently have two Bandido II µMAX units in my Regular-Use Detector Team. My choicest hangs out in my den and the other is one of my 'Travel Companions' assigned to regular duty in my vehicle to be along in my daily travels. Those models I bring indoors during the super high heat of summer or the current bitter cold wintry days when I wouldn't be detecting anyway.

Because I only grab a Tesoro for things like tot-lot work, or some urban renovation tear-ups, demolished structure sites with debris, or for serious Relic Hunting at ghost towns, stage stops, old encampments sites, etc., I only use the small 6" Concentric coils. Matter of fact, I am going through my Accessory Coil Tote tonight to sort out extra search coils for detectors I am going to be selling and noticed I no longer have an 8" donut Concentric coil. All I own is the 6" Concentric. I have one mounted on each Bandido II µMAX and my Silver Sabre µMAX, plus one spare on an extra lower rod in my tote.

I think I am fine for all my Tesoro needs, but I am holding out hope to chance across a clean, choice-condition 'original' 8" white colored coil they used before going to the brown 8". I preferred them for rare uses because they were a little lighter weight and 9-out-of-10 times got equal or slightly better performance than the brown 8" coils. Besides, I prefer a white-colored search coil when I have the option.

If you are using the new 'Precision' 7" they came out with for the Mojave, or even the 7" Jack designed for the Shadow X2, those are also very useful smaller-size coils. Again, 'congrats!' on your newer .. NEW .. Tesoro detector.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Got an almost brand new Bandido II Umax

DirtDigger 155 December 05, 2018 12:02AM

smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float Congratulations on a new addition to your detector group.

Monte 99 December 05, 2018 02:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018