Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: An older-model Tesoro Bandido II answer or two.

December 14, 2018 04:29PM
Thanks Monte, a great in-depth response as always.

I usually do run my T2 at around 21-24 discrimination, but nails were falsing so badly I had to increase it to get them to break up. I do not look at my TID much and go by ear on targets, so it was throwing me off. I set my minimum discrimination and beep and dig even with my TID machines at these older sites. Going to a discrimination of 50 and lowering the sensitivity made the nails break up enough to bypass them or allow me to check them at 90 degrees, obviously at the loss of some targets. I speculate the local cut nails here may have a higher copper or alloy content, but that is just my theory and it is worse when really wet conditions are present. I do not have nearly as much issue in other locations and can hunt some of the desert sites or goal rush camps without issue. I have numerous sites within a 10 mile radius along this wagon road where this is present and I have to turn my discrimination up to around nickle after a rain to cause them to break up, yet some of my sites on the opposite side of town I do not notice it at all.

I may look around for a used Bandido II microMAX or upgrade to another TID detector later. The more I hunt the more my preference for concentric coils becomes. My sites are so trashy that depth is never an issue, and I find it is more important to have good discrimination and the DD coils do not do that as well. I really like the features of the Makro Amfibio. Concentric coil ability, TID and good reviews. It would be nice to have a waterproof detector for stormy weather or hunting local creeks, and something that would pull double duty at parks although they are my least favorite to hunt as I do not care for modern trash, I like historic trash smiling smiley.

I do wonder about the 120 discrimination as I often have to use my detectors to find the nails at my forgotten sites and then hunt the nail bed. I sometimes take a spare detector with me, but not always as some sites are a 1-4 mile hike to get into.
Subject Author Views Posted

Tesoro Bandido II - older model question

Fish N Chips 127 December 13, 2018 02:40PM

An older-model Tesoro Bandido II answer or two.

Monte 106 December 14, 2018 03:02PM

Re: An older-model Tesoro Bandido II answer or two.

Fish N Chips 85 December 14, 2018 04:29PM

Thanks for your reply, and I envy your abilities and determination.

Monte 93 December 15, 2018 08:36AM

Re: Thanks for your reply, and I envy your abilities and determination.

Fish N Chips 72 December 15, 2018 12:16PM

Remfire 55 December 15, 2018 11:14PM

Fish N Chips 63 December 16, 2018 11:04AM

Re: Tesoro Bandido II - older model question

Hombre 117 December 13, 2018 07:27PM

Re: Tesoro Bandido II - older model question

Fish N Chips 77 December 14, 2018 12:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018