Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drew, I have owned three of them and sure wish I had one now.

January 26, 2019 06:52PM avatar
They are difficult to find as they were one of the shortest-life models Tesoro ever offered. They were manufactured from April '96 to March of '99, but I found that most of those who got them have been very, very, very reluctant to part with them. I have always, and I mean ALWAYS, pampered all my personal detectors. Most of the time they look to be close to showroom condition or maybe more like a dealer's demo unit. And that's how I expect a used detector to be when come across something I want or have something offered to me.

But finding a Diablo ┬ÁMAX in 'new' or 'as-new' or 'pristine' condition has been difficult. I think the last really decent pair of them I had was back in 2002 and some guys from a gold prospecting club got wind I had them and they wanted them dearly. Apparently money was not that important to them because they were able to talk me out of both of them.

David Johnson has stated many times in forum posts and such, even while working at FTP and after he made the Fisher Gold Bug Pro and Teknetics G2, that the Diablo microMAX was his favorite gold nugget hunting detector. It was mine, too. Just can't find a decent one anymore.sad smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: 1, Nokta-Makro: 3, Teknetics: 1, Tesoro: 2, White's: 2
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Diablo Micro Max, anyone own or use one of these?

Druid 262 January 26, 2019 09:49AM

Drew, I have owned three of them and sure wish I had one now.

Monte 195 January 26, 2019 06:52PM

Re: Drew, I have owned three of them and sure wish I had one now.

Druid 182 January 27, 2019 11:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018