Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'll share a report on how I do, as well as the SS µMAX.

April 15, 2019 11:21PM avatar
I have my very nice condition Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX in my arsenal, but often hesitated to take the pristine specimen along on outings to those dirty, out-of-the-way locations. So I set out to find another in very nice condition, and in three days time I stumbled across TWO great, good-working specimens. The new-to-me Silver Sabre µMAX just needed a 6" Concentric coil, and DW-BGW answer my request and I bought it from him. It arrived yesterday and I mounted it up to have an always ready, continuous-travel Tesoro with me wherever I go.

My quick urban Coin Hunting is usually handled by combining the use of a Tesoro, a Fisher F44 and a Teknetics Omega 8000. The Tesoro's and Omega's I owned and used in the past served me quite well. That's why I added an Omega 8000 back into my Outfit along with a pair of Fisher F44's. I needed a handy set of detectors for the quick-hit and casual urban coin sites that are light-weight and easy on my body so I might be able to last a little longer afield.

When ever I am planning a trip to hunt older places, especially those that are quite littler, then I make sure my Nokta CoRe and Relic and Teknetics T2+ are also loaded up. But even with the newer, lighter weight models with visual TID / VDI and Tone ID functions, I still get a lot of performance out of my simple, single-tone Tesoro models in most search sites.

Monte

PS: I was going to list the other Silver Sabre µMAX I just acquired, but it looks like it is spoken for. Just awaiting verification the Postal Money Order has been sent.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Mail arrived ... 6" Concentric delivered and mounted ... Ready to go!

Monte 227 April 15, 2019 12:41PM

Re: Mail arrived ... 6" Concentric delivered and mounted ... Ready to go!

DW-BGW 127 April 16, 2019 09:48AM

Re: Mail arrived ... 6" Concentric delivered and mounted ... Ready to go!

Harold,ILL. 135 April 15, 2019 01:53PM

SSµMax - cool smiley

UtahRich 136 April 15, 2019 10:51PM

I'll share a report on how I do, as well as the SS µMAX.

Monte 148 April 15, 2019 11:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018