Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Increased target signal with the Eldorado

May 30, 2019 05:36PM
Hello everyone. So I was bored and decided to do some hot brick target tests. I have a highly mineralized brick that I test all my detectors with to see if they can pick up a silver ring from underneath it. My Xterra 705, MXT, T2 and 6000 DI Pro all can see the target under the brick, but they read it as iron in the discriminate mode. Only the Xterra and T2 with their DD coils can actually pick up an accurate VDI number on some of the swings, but for the most part it's just an iron signal.

So I tested the Eldorado. Ground balanced it to the brick, as I did with all the other detectors, set sensitivity to 8/9..no higher due to chatter and threshold around 3 o"clock. With it ground balanced and disc. all the way at minimum, it was nice and quiet. Swung over the ring under the brick and nothing. Not a peep, chirp, click or tick. Silence. This is all in disc. mode. Picked it up in all metal just fine. So while in disc mode, I decided to mess with the GB knob and kept turning it clockwise and the further clockwise i turned it the signal finally appeared. It was a banging signal and could lift the coil up a couple inches and still get the target.

So this had me wondering what kind of deeper targets i have been missing. Does anyone know why this happens. Do most detectors or Tesoros in general behave this way...turning the GB to increase target sensitivity? Also, just to add, I tried GBing the unit with a more positive and a more negative GB and still no target signal. Thanks for any input.
Subject Author Views Posted

Increased target signal with the Eldorado

VAJoe 71 May 30, 2019 05:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018