Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dan, perhaps I can help you out?

September 19, 2019 04:39AM avatar
Do you only have one search coil for the Silver Sabre microMAX or more than one? That's important because if you swap coils on any of Tesoro's preset GB models, you need to have a functionally calibrated GB setting.

As most folks know, I am a bit of a fan of several Tesoro models, the Silver Sabre microMAX and Bandido II microMAX being my top-two favorites. I have two of each of those in my Regular-Use Detector Outfit, mainly keeping a set of them on my den wall display and the other set for regular use. I also prefer to make any coil changes on a Bandido version because it has manual GB so I can calibrate it to any search coil used. The Silver Sabre units keep an assigned search coil on full-time so there won't be any issues with an errant GB setting since they only use one search coil.

For what the Tesoro models can do and the types of sites where I grab them to work most often, I found the 6" Concentric coil to be about the best size and functional search coil to work in and around trash or metal structures. I used to use the 7" Concentric almost full-time on every Tesoro since mid-'83 ... until they brought out the thin and light-weight .. and handy .. 6" Concentric.

I would be more than pleased to check out your Silver Sabre microMAX, and any search coils you have for it, to make sure it is functioning properly, and if the GB is a little 'off' I'd also be glad to tweak that for you as well. No shipping needed, either.

I live over here in Vale, Oregon and (all to often) make drives to the VA Clinic in Caldwell or the VA Hospital in Boise, so making a jaunt to the Meridian area wouldn't be an issue for me. I have a lot of free time to work it in, with the one flag being deer hunting season is coming soon and I'll be devoting a little time for that. Soon would be good, and make sure you have a device that is good-to-go.

Just give me a call and we can work out a time that works for us. Number is below in my Signature. Early-to-late usually catches me, most any day.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Need a Tesoro gone through

Dan'o 93 September 18, 2019 09:52PM

Dan, perhaps I can help you out?

Monte 83 September 19, 2019 04:39AM

Re: Dan, perhaps I can help you out?

Dan'o 53 September 19, 2019 06:18AM

Thanks for the info and then the phone call.

Monte 51 September 19, 2019 01:41PM

Re: Thanks for the info and then the phone call.

Dan'o 55 September 19, 2019 02:22PM

Good results, and great story on "Getting Started."

Monte 67 September 20, 2019 02:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018