Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thanks for the info and then the phone call.

September 19, 2019 02:22PM
Monte
It does sound like you have a detector issue and not a search coil problem. We'll check it out when we get together this coming Saturday. I'll take a look at it, and you can also get a scenic tour in to a gold mining era ghost town to check out some other detectors as well. Have a chance to see what kind of "Iron contaminated sites" we typically encounter.eye popping smiley

It will be easy to figure out why I love smaller-than-stock coil and have fine-tuned my Regular-Use Detector Outfit and search coil assignments.

See you soon.

Monte

It was a pleasure speaking with you today.
I was able to take the Silver Sabre microMax apart and found a wire between two of the contacts of the threshold pot. Once removed it seems to be functioning properly! Thanks for the tip of what to look for.

The 5.3 used to be my favorite around the farm in Indiana where the iron debris was plentyful. That was on my first detector the PRO XL or XL PRO, I forget now. What got me hooked on metal detecting was 2 different finds I made shortly after learning how to set it up and deal with the coal which was all over the place.
The first was in the apple orchard where I found a 1946 Rosevelt dime at a little over 6" on edge! The ground was moist and the signal was very soft bet consistant.

The next one that really sealed the deal was near the Ohio river at a park where there was about a 3.5ft embankment with a small flat area about 12ft wide at one end where most people didn't seem to go. I found a handfull of pennies and few dimes and nickles in a baby food jar roughly 4" deep. I thought that was all untill I check again before moving on. Just a few inches away the meter all but peged to the right. Out of that hole came 31 coins! Mostly quarters with some nickles and dimes mixed in. If memory serves me there was nothing newer than 1982 and no silver.

That was all with the 5.3 coil, slowing down and overlaping my swings like I had read on one of your posts. That was in 2008 or so.
Thanks, again,
Dan

ps I will be bringing the Silver Sabre microMax even though the 6" coil won't be here by then.
Subject Author Views Posted

Need a Tesoro gone through

Dan'o 93 September 18, 2019 09:52PM

Dan, perhaps I can help you out?

Monte 83 September 19, 2019 04:39AM

Re: Dan, perhaps I can help you out?

Dan'o 53 September 19, 2019 06:18AM

Thanks for the info and then the phone call.

Monte 51 September 19, 2019 01:41PM

Re: Thanks for the info and then the phone call.

Dan'o 54 September 19, 2019 02:22PM

Good results, and great story on "Getting Started."

Monte 67 September 20, 2019 02:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018