Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Need Clear Sharp Close-up Photo of Bandido II µMAX Console.

January 10, 2020 01:08AM avatar
Well folks, I no longer "Need a Clear Sharp Close-up Photo of a Bandido II µMAX Console.". Let me explain.

My reason for requesting the photo in the first place was to attach it to a future post I had planned to do, as a visual aid to help me explain that the Sensitivity pot on my Tesoro Bandido II µMAX was radially out-of-position to the extent that the pot did not click ON until the white indicator mark on the knob was rotated to the number 2 position on the console faceplate. I wanted to correct that so the pot would turn ON at the number 1 position, which seemed to make more sense to me.

My first idea was to loosen the tiny 1.5mm Allen-Head set-screw and pull the Sensitivity knob off of it's shaft, then rotate the shaft with fingers until I heard the ON click, replace the knob on the shaft, line up the white indicator mark on the knob with the number 1 position on the console faceplate and then carefully holding the knob to keep it from rotating on the shaft, tighten the set-screw with a 1.5mm Allen wrench. However, after completing this procedure, as I rotated the knob it did not function as desired. So I had to do the following, which required more time and effort, but the results were good.

First I removed the Sens. knob from it's shaft again, then using a 10mm open-end wrench I loosened and removed the hex nut and the thin flat washer and then holding the shaft with fingers I tried to rotate the entire pot, but it resisted and I didn't want to force it, not knowing what was going on inside the control box. So next, using a no.1 Phillips head screw driver, I removed the two Phillips screws holding the console faceplate to the µMax control box and carefully pulled the faceplate away from the box, stretching the electric wires a little, to see what had caused the resistance when I previously tried to rotate the entire pot. As I discovered, it was merely some bunched electrical wires pushing against each other. So I carefully re-positioned the wires to allow rotating the pot approximately 5-7 degrees, then holding the pot in that position with the fingers of one hand, I re-assembled the washer, spun the nut on and tightened it with the open-end wrench using my other hand. After re-assembling everything else the knob worked like I wanted.....success ! smiling smiley

This procedure takes a good amount of patience and dexterity. And be careful when loosening the tiny little 1.5mm set-screw that holds the knob on the shaft. If the set-screw hasn't been removed for a long time, it's probably stuck tight, so don't force it with the Allen wrench or you could round-out the hex socket. You're better off to squirt a small drop of penetrating oil like WD-40 on the set-screw and let it soak for a while before attempting to loosen it again. Also, be careful not to remove that tiny set-screw completely from the knob.....if dropped, you might never find it and have to make a trip to the Hardware store.

I hope this explanation is of help to anyone wanting to correct the radial alignment of a control pot and knob indicator mark to a desired setting position on the console faceplate of your metal detector.

Thanks to all who offered me help earlier.

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido ⅡµMax and Compadre, White's Classic Ⅱ, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT Pin Pointer, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 01:13AM by ToddB64.
Subject Author Views Posted

Need Clear Sharp Close-up Photo of Bandido II µMAX Console.

ToddB64 77 January 07, 2020 03:33PM

Try this photo and look for others

Monte 64 January 08, 2020 07:16AM

Re: Try this photo and look for others

ToddB64 52 January 08, 2020 02:02PM

People use photos all the time that they find on the internet.

Monte 46 January 08, 2020 02:15PM

Re: People use photos all the time that they find on the internet.

ToddB64 40 January 08, 2020 05:12PM

SvenS 47 January 08, 2020 04:29AM

ToddB64 42 January 08, 2020 12:15PM

ToddB64 44 January 10, 2020 01:08AM

GeoW 36 January 10, 2020 09:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018