Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GB'ing BandidoIIµMax and Clock Position of Dial Indicator when "drag" is felt.

September 27, 2020 06:01PM
Hi All ! smiling smiley

Something I've been pondering for some time is described with the numbered questions down below, but first I'll reiterate the Ground Balancing instructions from the Bandido2µMax manual pages #8 and #9 for everyone's reference and I have only included the significant instructions for brevity in this post.

GROUND (On Manual Page #8):

This control adjusts the All Metal Mode sampling so that the BandidoIlµMax ignores the normal ground mineralization. Making this adjustment is often called "Ground Balancing". The knob will turn continually in either direction, although its effective use range is only 3 ¾ turns. Once you have turned the knob to the end of its use range in either direction, you should notice a slight increase in "drag" as the knob is turned. When you feel the "drag", you may immediately reverse direction to enter the effective use range for the next 3 ¾ turns.

NOTE: The GROUND control does affect both operating modes but should be adjusted in the All Metal Mode.

Ground Balancing (On Manual Pages #8 and # 9):

NOTE: No matter where you will be searching, or whether you will be operating in the All Metal Mode or Discriminate Mode, make sure the detector is properly Ground Balanced in the All Metal Mode with Auto Tune Mode first.
Start with these control settings.

•Threshold control at 12:00.
•DISC LEVEL control set to MIN.
•SENSITIVITY control set to POW OFF.
•TUNE switch set to AUTO.
•MODE switch set to ALL METAL.
•GROUND control set to the middle of its range.

o Turn it 5 complete turns counterclockwise then,
o turn it 2 complete turns clockwise and stop.

Question #1..First I'll say that for me my Bandido2µMax has very subtle felt drag, but it is detectable if I concentrate, however, I'm wondering how important it is to stop at the exact spot when drag is felt during CCW rotation, before reversing to CW direction.
Based on the above paragraph under sub-title "GROUND (On manual page #8):" and particularly the last sentence at the bottom, am I correct to conclude that once the "drag" is felt going CCW, it really doesn't matter if you happen to inadvertently over-turn the dial past the just-felt "drag" position before reversing to CW direction for 2 complete turns and stopping at an approximate mid-position, or for that matter, is it important at all how far you turn the dial after "drag" is first felt before stopping and reversing to CW direction ?

Additional related questions are listed below, by sub-numbers.
My main question in this list is #1.1.

#1.1..Is there a way to increase the dial "drag" to make it easier to feel and detect ?

#1.2..Is the drag caused by something inside the dial itself that is NOT replaceable by the consumer ?

#1.3..Or is the dial connected to another mechanism, inside the control box, that causes the drag ?

#1.4..Or perhaps is there a rubber O-ring, that's part of the dial assembly, that a consumer could rather easily replace ?

#1.5..Or if necessary, is it possible to purchase a new replacement dial in hopes of it having more "drag", or another mechanism inside the control box, either of which a consumer with the tools and ability could replace ?

Thanks for your help on this issue.

ToddB64

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2020 06:24PM by ToddB64.
Subject Author Views Posted

GB'ing BandidoIIµMax and Clock Position of Dial Indicator when "drag" is felt.

ToddB64 66 September 27, 2020 06:01PM

I wouldn't worry about the friction drag on the ground balance control....

Hombre 40 October 10, 2020 08:59PM

Re: I wouldn't worry about the friction drag on the ground balance control....

ToddB64 29 October 12, 2020 02:55PM

ToddB64, some quick replies that might be helpful.

Monte 43 September 28, 2020 09:05AM

Re: ToddB64, some quick replies that might be helpful.

ToddB64 36 September 28, 2020 11:30AM

GeoW 36 September 28, 2020 07:19PM

ToddB64 22 October 12, 2020 04:53PM

Re: GB'ing BandidoIIµMax and Clock Position of Dial Indicator when "drag" is felt.

SvenS 52 September 28, 2020 02:40AM

Re: GB'ing BandidoIIµMax and Clock Position of Dial Indicator when "drag" is felt.

ToddB64 23 October 12, 2020 03:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020