Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tesoro Silver Sabre vs Mojave

October 29, 2020 12:04AM avatar
Hey Druid,

Has been a long time since i had the Silver Sabre µMax. I currently have a Mojave'.

The Mojave is a really nice little unit perfect for the tot lots areas where i'm expecting to find coins, jewelry and similar items, The 7" precision coil is a good one. I've hunted a few areas where the Mojave has issues with falsing and I simply switch the GB setting from low to high and the trouble was resolved. The Mojave does not have a pin point. If it did, I would call it a step above the Silver Sabre µMax. I miss being able to SIZE targets.

The Silver Sabre µMax has the pinpoint function, but no easy adjustment to the ground balance. I don't recall what the standard coil is on the SS, but i think it was the 8" brown concentric. I think if I'm tot lot hunting and such, i would want the 6" coil from working in and around play equipment.

I'd pick the Silver Sabre µMax based on the pinpoint function and put a 6" coil on it. I think the Mojave is a more attractive color / design and like the 7" precision coil. They're a good match.\

Most tot lot searches aren't too involved or have much digging. Usually scooting bark chips or sand out of the way so either will do the job.

I think that Kickindirt has a silver sabre for sale over on the Friendly detecting Forum. I don't see many Silver Sabre's or Mojave's for sale.

Rich -

Just One More Good Target Before I Go . . . .
Subject Author Views Posted

Contrast Tesoro Silver Sabre vs Mojave

Druid 63 October 28, 2020 11:20AM

Silver Sabre µmax Attachments

OregonGregg 58 October 30, 2020 06:21AM

They are a "piece of art" but should be put-to-use! N/T

Monte 35 October 30, 2020 09:04AM

Picking out a Tesoro Silver Sabre µMAX or Mojave?

Monte 56 October 29, 2020 11:18PM

Tesoro Silver Sabre vs Mojave

UtahRich 55 October 29, 2020 12:04AM

Re: Tesoro Silver Sabre vs Mojave

jmaryt 52 October 29, 2020 12:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020