Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sven, with Tesoro's there are less-popular and more-popular models.

November 10, 2020 07:57AM avatar
SvenS
Following an ebay auction that listed a relatively minty Eldo.
Usually end up selling for $185-225. Surprised the current one sold for $300US.

The Eldorado in the microMAX housing was/is a popular model for some, but the Disc. adjust is more of a coarse-tune feel to it and a lot of average as well as experienced users can't get comfortable with finding a good setting that still works 'quietly.' You're right, even a good clean specimen usually goes for something closer to $225. The Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX, although they were so-called 'lower-end' models with the ED-120 Disc. circuity, still command a better retail price.

SvenS
Also, spotted a Golden Sabre micro max, the guy was asking $600.

That wouldn't have been a 'Sabre' series models, not if in the 'micro' housing. That would be a Golden microMAX and there was another one of the Tesoro flub-ups as they were about to start their downward glide. Jack was still there when it came out, but it had a design glitch. I was still a Tesoro Dealer and it was difficult to get on to work properly, especially in moderate to higher mineralized environments. It didn't last long and they brought out a revised version that was supposed to work better and produce the proper 4-Tone audio. It had an even shorter life-span.

Those should usually go for less, but there seems to be a handful of Tesoro users out there that go the 'like-it' and dislike-it' stages who get an urge to over-spend on one. A prime example is anyone who would ask $600 for a Golden microMAX .... but, somebody might but it, have it around for a while, then try and find a sucker to do what they did when they list it for sale ... at an over-price to try and recover their losses.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Tesoro Eldorado small box

SvenS 340 November 10, 2020 06:20AM

Sven, with Tesoro's there are less-popular and more-popular models.

Monte 285 November 10, 2020 07:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021