Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bandido II µMax GB'ing, and slight rotary switch "drag".

November 27, 2020 03:32PM
Hi Folks smiling smiley

The Bandido ll µMax Ground Balance rotary switch control slight resistance or "drag" felt when you reach either end of the "effective use range", which I will abbreviate "EUR" henceforth, is a subject explained in the manual on pages 8 and 9, and has also been explained before by members on this and other websites.

The explanation given has been to Ground Balance in ALL Metal mode and then (Paraphrasing) turn the Ground rotary switch control to the end of it's EUR in either direction until you begin to feel slight resistance or "drag" as you are turning the rotary switch, and then you may immediately reverse direction to enter the 33/4 turns EUR and turn the switch 2 full rotations to the middle of the EUR, as a starting point for the actual Ground Balancing process, aka "bobbing" the coil. The goal of this process is, of course, to adjust the GB rotary switch either Positive (CW) or Negative (CCW) if necessary until reaching a position where the Threshold "HUM" remains the same volume as the coil reaches each end of the "bob", from approximately 8" above ground down to approx. 1" above ground. I will add the proviso that some detectorists like to adjust for a slightly POS or NEG rotary switch control position for reasons of their own. Now to my question.

If I wanted to shift the EUR sector to a different position around the 360 degree circle, in order to synchronize it's starting point to be coexistent with the Phillips screw at the left of the rotary switch GROUND title, or for that matter any other starting point I might desire, why couldn't I just keep turning the rotary switch control beyond the initially felt "drag" until reaching the desired starting point and then reverse direction for 2 full rotations to the mid-position ? I would think that some shifting of the EUR sector position happens all the time to some degree by operators with less sensitivity in their fingers when they over-rotate the GB rotary switch control. In conclusion, would shifting the EUR (effective use range) sector more circular degrees have any negative affect on proper functioning of the electronic system?

Thanks for your reply. winking smiley

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Compadre, Whites Classic II, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Vibra-Probe 580, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica I made, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.
Subject Author Views Posted

Bandido II µMax GB'ing, and slight rotary switch "drag".

ToddB64 284 November 27, 2020 03:32PM

Todd, you asked on the 25th and I answered on the 25th.

Monte 226 November 27, 2020 05:41PM

Re: Todd, you asked on the 25th and I answered on the 25th.

ToddB64 211 November 27, 2020 10:43PM

Posts is Posts

UtahRich 200 November 27, 2020 10:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021