Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Impressions of the 11x 8 coil on the outlaw

January 04, 2021 10:37PM avatar
Ray(Ca)
Been hunting a small area with the Outlaw with the 6 inch coil. Made some good finds, a couple of mercs and some tough date early 30s wheats and a nice gold earring. I worked the area again today with the 6 inch coil again. No power balance or super tune, just wanted to hunt the area with the 6 inch coil and take all whisper signals that I felt were worth digging. My next move was to come in with the 11 x 8 RSD coil. The first thing I noticed was the increased sensitivity to very small conductors. As expected more targets were heard and dug at some pretty impressive depths! The coil has good weight and can be used all day with minimal fatigue. I’ve used the 12 x 10 concentric and I found it made the Outlaw nose heavy. The one bad thing I noticed was I was picking up a lot of interference from something and no matter what I did it wouldn’t go away. The 11 x 8 coil is a keeper and a couple of the small targets I dig were at the 8 inch level. Found this nice military brass name plate today with 6 inch coil. Love the Tesoro beep and dig!
Ray

I have a couple older Tesoro's (Golden Sabre, Bandido) and the 6" coil myself Ray. They make a nice combo - thanks for the post.

rich

----------------------------------------------------

Just One More Good Target Before I Go . . . .

800 - Deus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 12:24AM by UtahRich.
Subject Author Views Posted

First impressions of the 11x 8 coil on the outlaw Attachments

Ray(Ca) 136 January 04, 2021 10:32PM

Impressions of the 11x 8 coil on the outlaw

UtahRich 87 January 04, 2021 10:37PM

I agree the 6 inch coil is king...

Ray(Ca) 80 January 04, 2021 11:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021