Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congratulations and some comments.

March 30, 2021 12:53PM avatar
Rmcnelly
Just joined the Tesoro ranks having acquired a Cibola with the ground balance mod and All Metal toggle for an excellent price. This joins the FORS CoRe I got from Monte.
Congrats on adding a Tesoro to your outfit. The Vaquero & Cibola are both good models, and hopefully whoever did the modification did a good job. Having the GB function can add versatility to the unit should you want to change search coils, or if hunting a site with a pronounced change in mineralization.

The only thing I didn't like was the low audio tone and I had them do the high-tone mod to the Vaquero I had. I still maintain my two favorite Tesoro models in my working outfit. Proven performers.

Rmcnelly
I was very surprised at how well it discriminated out most all of the trash in my backyard. I had to re-index the discriminator knob using a nickel as the reference point. Otherwise the rig seems to work well. I really don’t understand why people used a 10 turn pot, way too many turns to ground balance. I’m assuming a 3-3/4 or 5 turn pot wasn’t feasible for some reason.
The earlier Tesoro models used the 10-turn GB pot which provided some level of finer-tuning ability over the 3¾-turn pots.

But the models in the bigger housings could handle the larger-size 10-turn pot whereas they went with the smaller physical size 3¾-turn pot with their models in the dinky-sized microMAX housing in order to fit them in.

Monte.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 12:54PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Just got a Cibola with GB mod

Rmcnelly 214 March 26, 2021 06:36PM

Congratulations and some comments.

Monte 175 March 30, 2021 12:53PM

Re: Congratulations and some comments. Attachments

Rmcnelly 146 March 30, 2021 04:11PM

Re: Congratulations and some comments.

Monte 143 March 31, 2021 05:33AM

Re: Just got a Cibola with GB mod Attachments

SvenS 282 March 27, 2021 07:59AM

Re: Just got a Cibola with GB mod

Rmcnelly 223 March 27, 2021 05:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021