Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few other thoughts.

November 18, 2021 09:50AM avatar
Druid

Older Tesoro machines that interest me, what were their strengths and weaknesses? What circuit designs were employed, disc range/type ED80, ED100, ED120? Ground balance controls?
Fair price for a good working condition machine?
Cheers,
Drew.

Drew, I have had more time to reflect ry, back on Tesoro's Notch Disc. models. The last was the Golden Sabre Ii and it was a simplified Pantera. They used the Pantera circuitry, but made it a "turn-on-and 'gonmantso" type to appeal to more of the average hobbyists at the time. By that I mean the majority of Tesoro buyers liked the preset GB models. And the way Jack designed them, most worked fine for a wide range of ground mineral environments. That's one reason I enjoy my Silver Sabre microMAX.

To me, the Pantera was the better pick because the Avid Detectorist had more control since it had manual GB. The main advantage of Tesoro's Notch Disc. benefitted the' 'average' Coin Hunter to help reject or Disc. out pull tabs. Also, most Coin Hunters are here in the USA and some folks in Canada. Once we got the rectangular Pry-Tabs that have a readout similar tote a US nickel coin, most didn't use Pantera's audio performance as it was also a time we started seeing a lot of detectors in a close price point that featured visual Targeyrz ID.
For me, I still used the Pantera but wished it had more operator control of the Notch Width.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2021 10:00AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Pantera vs Toltecthinking

Druid 100 October 29, 2021 10:21PM

A few other thoughts.

Monte 45 November 18, 2021 09:50AM

Pantera vs Toltecthinking ... One out of two in my 'liked-it' category.

Monte 72 October 30, 2021 05:42AM

Re: Pantera vs Toltecthinking ... One out of two in my 'liked-it' category. Attachments

SvenS 61 October 30, 2021 07:25AM

What kind of depth it get on a silver dime? N/T

Harold,ILL. 46 November 04, 2021 12:54PM

Re: What kind of depth it get on a silver dime? MY Toltec 2 will go deepthumbs up

Hombre 58 November 05, 2021 05:42PM

Re: What kind of depth it get on a silver dime? MY Toltec 2 will go deepthumbs up

Harold,ILL. 37 November 06, 2021 12:11PM

Re: Pantera vs Toltecthinking ... One out of two in my 'liked-it' category.

Druid 42 October 30, 2021 08:27PM

'Hot' specimens and physical package designs. thinking

Monte 58 October 30, 2021 10:00AM

Re: 'Hot' specimens and physical package designs. thinking

Druid 54 October 30, 2021 08:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021