Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Euro Sabre marketing.

June 19, 2022 02:50PM avatar
Harold,ILL.
I never understood why they did not make a US version with the 2 tone audio? Tesoro always just missed the boat it seemed maybe that one reason they went out of business.

At the time, urban Coin Hunting was still very popular here in the USA, but in Europe they were hunting the plowed fields and pastures, thus the Euro Sabre name. They tried it over there with the 8X9 Concentric coil but it didn't go over very well. So, they targeted the USA market and tried to key in on Relic Hunters, but in doing so there were at least two errors. One was not changing the name, the other was offering it with the bigger-size coil, and in dense ferrous contaminated sites that wasn't the smart move.

The concept wasn't bad, but the effectiveness of the Iron Audio wasn't at the level we see today with the digital circuitry. On the right idea, just not brought up to more modern standards at the time.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Inca .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Help me out! Trying to find a Euro Sabre.

Monte 245 June 18, 2022 09:13AM

Re: Help me out! Trying to find a Euro Sabre.

Harold,ILL. 144 June 19, 2022 12:45PM

Euro Sabre marketing.

Monte 133 June 19, 2022 02:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22