Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

January 14, 2018 07:23AM avatar
that I use on a regular basis. The four brands, on three new Forums, I added because they are all part of my working Regular-Use Detector Team and they work well for me. Like you, I admire their performance abilities when working old-use sites with nails and other challenges with a detector/coil combination that handles the conditions well.

As most readers who have followed me in various Internet Forums for decades is aware, I have several all-time Tesoro favorites and have relied on their splendid performance for 35 yeas this coming July. The bulk of the places I hunt are very littered, especially with ferrous debris, or they might be brushy and have more confined areas to work a coil, so the smaller sizes, in the 6"-7" range on Tesoro's, have worked best for me.

Many years ago I did live in an area when I used a Tesoro for wide-open searches of beaches or sports fields and I used to keep one of those hard-to-find 10½" Concentric 'donut' coils on a spare lower rod. I preferred it a lot more than the solid 11" DD they offered at the time, but after an on-the-job back injury made it too painful to use heavy detectors or those will poor balance due to a weightier coil on the end, I sold it off.

I pamper all of my gear and have only looked for near-new condition used detectors or coils. When I was trying to track down one of those coils for several years recently, none could be found. One of the more difficult Tesoro coils to find, so congratulations your success finding one. These days I only have 1 of the 8" or larger search coils in my accessory tote and that's the 8X11 DD for the Vaquero, which is the only bigger coil I use with Tesoro's in more open areas like a plowed field.

Best of success to you in 2018, both in making good recoveries and even obtaining new 'permissions' to hunt over your way.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Way to go Monte! A new place for Tesoro Fansthumbs up

Hombre 489 January 11, 2018 09:14PM

Re: Way to go Monte! A new place for Tesoro Fansthumbs up

RickUK 339 January 13, 2018 09:20PM

Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

Monte 353 January 14, 2018 07:23AM

Re: Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

RickUK 308 January 14, 2018 07:37AM

Rick(UK) once again we have something in common.

Monte 313 January 14, 2018 08:20AM

Rdunzl 303 January 12, 2018 07:27PM

Hombre 343 January 12, 2018 08:55PM

No need for a Forum name change here.

Monte 341 January 16, 2018 06:19AM

SvenS 297 January 14, 2018 05:08PM

Rdunzl 301 January 12, 2018 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 54
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018