Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

January 14, 2018 07:37AM
Thanks Monte,yes i have also been detecting many years like yourself,have a substantial detecting arsenal and even bigger coil one,at the moment i have 23 detectors and if i recall 46 or 47 coils,some of them are the legendary older machine and also some modern exotica,but for the most part all are still used on occasions,but mainly for site specific uses.Of course our history goes back over 4000 years with the early Bronze Age,so as a result of sometimes our targets either small or large can be deeper than say a coin loss in a park across the pond.

Hence this is the reason behind alot of my machines having larger coil setups for the depth,but i do have 5 Tesoro/Laser based machines that i still use,mainly for trashy sites or when i just wish a very enjoyable couple of hours out detecting when the harvest comes off and the sun is shining in the evening,cannot beat that method of relaxation.

But also another brand passion of mine is the Whites,this i will do a write up maybe later today,the current machine that i have are the DFX,IDX Pro,TDI Pro and a MXT,all have specific site uses or characteristics that i enjoy using.

Like yourself my machines some of had 1000s of hours of use and years old,but looking at them they are minters,although one would never sell them,the only machine that i have ever sold was a about 10 years ago and that was the Troy XC5,the worst machine that i have ever owned,gave it a 12 month and 100s of hours too use it,but i just could not get on with it,as luck as it was brand new and a rare machine here in the UK i got basically what i paid for it.So a lucky escape.

Will post on the Whites thread as well when i have some time
Subject Author Views Posted

Way to go Monte! A new place for Tesoro Fansthumbs up

Hombre 489 January 11, 2018 09:14PM

Re: Way to go Monte! A new place for Tesoro Fansthumbs up

RickUK 339 January 13, 2018 09:20PM

Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

Monte 353 January 14, 2018 07:23AM

Re: Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

RickUK 307 January 14, 2018 07:37AM

Rick(UK) once again we have something in common.

Monte 313 January 14, 2018 08:20AM

Rdunzl 303 January 12, 2018 07:27PM

Hombre 343 January 12, 2018 08:55PM

No need for a Forum name change here.

Monte 341 January 16, 2018 06:19AM

SvenS 297 January 14, 2018 05:08PM

Rdunzl 301 January 12, 2018 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 54
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018