Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No need for a Forum name change here.

January 16, 2018 06:19AM avatar
Hombre
I quit posting on the Tesoro forum back in august 2016, just after Tesoro pulled their support at Finds Mall.
I haven't asked for any manufacturer's support for the brand-specific Forums I have so I am not relying on their $$$ support. No plugs to pull here.

Instead, as I mentioned, I have only established the few brand-specific Forums on AHRPS for the detectors that I own and use and rely on to get the most success and enjoyment out of this great sport. I have specific model favorites among these brands, and can attribute a lot of my successes afield to Tesoro's simple yet reliable performance. Therefore, since I own them, use them, and like them, there is a Tesoro Metal Detector Forum here for all those who share similar feelings.

Hombre
Finds Mall renamed it the Beep & Dig forum.
Really not a bad name, but to me a 'Beep-and-Dig' detector or way of picturing things is about detectors that lack visual Target ID. Just plain-Jane non-display detectors where we are only relying on the audio information. What I had noticed was more discussions before regarding other brands and types of detectors and more TID references, and with the exception of only a very few Tesoro models, they are really known for, and recognized as, being a very functional 'non-display' detector brand.

Hombre
Several postings about Bulgarian beep and dig machines was enough for me to quit posting there as I like to post about Tesoro metal detectors. I am a big fan of the older models like the original Bandido, and Toltec series.
I probably won't ever own one of those, but I could see how their input can be welcome. ANY detector can be used with a 'Beep-and-Dig' philosophy, with or without Target ID and Tone ID, so I don't have a problem with Find's Beep and Dig Forum as it is open to all.

When it was a Tesoro backed Forum I felt it was getting off-topic or off-brand too often. Here at AHRPS I have the 'General Metal Detecting' Forum to discuss any and all brands or metal detecting topics, but I plan to keep all specific brand Forum's on-topic about those manufacturer's products and any experiences of the folks who use them.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(1), Nokta-Makro:(3), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1), XP:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Way to go Monte! A new place for Tesoro Fansthumbs up

Hombre 547 January 11, 2018 09:14PM

Re: Way to go Monte! A new place for Tesoro Fansthumbs up

RickUK 382 January 13, 2018 09:20PM

Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

Monte 404 January 14, 2018 07:23AM

Re: Thanks, Rick(UK), and I'm pleased to support the brands

RickUK 366 January 14, 2018 07:37AM

Rick(UK) once again we have something in common.

Monte 355 January 14, 2018 08:20AM

Rdunzl 352 January 12, 2018 07:27PM

Hombre 385 January 12, 2018 08:55PM

No need for a Forum name change here.

Monte 392 January 16, 2018 06:19AM

SvenS 336 January 14, 2018 05:08PM

Rdunzl 339 January 12, 2018 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018