Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Since I seriously doubt we will see anything new in the way of an 'advanced' model from Tesoro ...

July 31, 2018 03:23PM avatar
and because I am trimming, adding and adjusting my Regular-Use Detector Team to include models from various manufacturers that I consider to be my all-time favorites ... I am making sure my two best-pick favorite Tesoro's are on-the-team and ready to hunt. The Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX and each will be equipped with a thin-profile 6" Concentric coil. Those will handle all of my Tesoro needs at an assortment of sites.

That also means that -- 'coming soon to a Classifieds Forum near you' -- will be the other Tesoro's I have on-hand. A Bandido II that looks in mint condition w/brown 8" coil; a Toltec II that is in very good condition and also wears the 8" concentric coil; and my newest 'black' version Vaquero that I have only used a total of 1-1½ hours. I sent it to Tesoro for the high-tone modification, and it will include the only coil I have for it, the thin 6" Concentric.

Tesoro has made, and currently makes, quite a few 'basic performance' detectors that certainly have proven their place in many applications, from urban Coin Hunting to rural Relic Hunting, and can be a great fit for anyone from a beginner to a more seasoned adventurist, young of age or just young at heart. I have older models from Compass and Garrett that also lack modern refinements like Target ID and Tone ID, but I rely on devices from Nokta, Makro and White's to satisfy my wants and needs with those more fashionable features.

Folks can spend as little as they like or as much as they want to outfit themselves with the newer and more trendy outfitted detectors, but I am a firm believer that every serious, dedicated, Avid Detectorist or average Hobbyists ought to own ...and use .. at least one good Tesoro model in their personal detecting arsenal. I've done just that for thirty-five years of owning and using favorite Tesoro detectors as of July.

With over half-a-century of active metal detecting under my belt and having to face a growing number of health and mobility limitations, I've had to accept the fact that my days afield are numbered, and definitely not as easy to endure for long periods like they used to be. I have adjusted my detector battery numerous times each year for many decades now, but have just settled in to make this more-or-less a time for a final outfitting based on what I have owned and used, and factoring in most of the excellent models I rely on today.

I am just sharing my thoughts in the hope that most readers have already found at least one or two (or more) good, workable detectors and search coils to have in their detector group for the various types of hunting they do. And if they haven't used or currently own a Tesoro, maybe shop around and find a deal to give one a fair shake and see if it proves to be a worthy addition to their group of detectors.

Enjoying fine detectors that Tesoro has provided us for several decades, but not expecting to see anything new and progressive from them ...

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Since I seriously doubt we will see anything new in the way of an 'advanced' model from Tesoro ...

Monte 425 July 31, 2018 03:23PM

Re: Since I seriously doubt we will see anything new in the way of an 'advanced' model from Tesoro ...

desertsmith 263 August 07, 2018 03:45PM

I have to agree, a lot, about the light-weight and 'handiness' of my favaorite Tesoro models.

Monte 265 August 07, 2018 11:52PM

My Tesoro is . . . . . . .

UtahRich 315 August 03, 2018 02:39PM

Yes, the original Bandido was/is one of my favorites! thumbs up

Monte 300 August 03, 2018 05:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018