Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have to agree, a lot, about the light-weight and 'handiness' of my favaorite Tesoro models.

August 07, 2018 11:52PM avatar
I always set out for a day's adventure with two to five detectors along for the ride, and you can bet that there's at least one Tesoro in the mix. They are also my quick grab for working tot-lots, and one of only a few models I own that let me make quick Sensitivity adjustments 'on-the-fly' without a lot of horsing around through menus. My White's Classic ID is another with knobs that is quick, and my MX-5 and MX-7 also allow quick adjustment without extra steps required. They are one-handed fast like thumbing the knob on a good Tesoro.

My Tesoro's are also not my most-used detectors, or at least they haven't been, but health limitations are encouraging me to make some changes in that regard. After a UPS delivery today I took a few minutes and went back down to the park with my Silver Sabre microMAX and Bandido II microMAX to double check the Silver Sabre's internal GB setting.

I took care of that and hunted for a few minutes and it was far more comfortable than the last short trips I took during the past week using four or five other detector models. Until they can do something to mend my right shoulder, arm and neck, my Tesoro's are going to be handling the bulk of what detecting time I can get in. I use only the thin 6" Concentric coil on these two specimens and that really makes things pleasant for me.

No Tesoro should be relegated to closet status so far as I'm concerned.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Since I seriously doubt we will see anything new in the way of an 'advanced' model from Tesoro ...

Monte 294 July 31, 2018 03:23PM

Re: Since I seriously doubt we will see anything new in the way of an 'advanced' model from Tesoro ...

desertsmith 159 August 07, 2018 03:45PM

I have to agree, a lot, about the light-weight and 'handiness' of my favaorite Tesoro models.

Monte 162 August 07, 2018 11:52PM

My Tesoro is . . . . . . .

Rich (Utah) 201 August 03, 2018 02:39PM

Yes, the original Bandido was/is one of my favorites! thumbs up

Monte 184 August 03, 2018 05:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018