Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Short comments in reply.

October 08, 2018 06:52PM avatar
jmaryt
monte!..when jack passed,why didn't vince step up,and attempt to develop
more models,or,at least effect some changes in the line?..he is an electronic engineer!..right? kinda curious about that.
Jack got out metal detecting himself to some degree, but I don't know about his sons.

Jack had been involved as an electronic engineer for quite some time, had life experiences with other engineers, and I am not sure what his education was in that field. I don't know Vince's education, either, or what he had done that might have been on the same level as Jack.

Also we have to remember that Jack made detectors that were record-setting in the industry early on, but the industry as a whole was way ahead of Tesoro when it came to Target ID and other "advanced technology" detector designs. I think Jack picked a great time in his life to retire and hope for the best. He turned everything over to two sons. I feel it was their responsibility, not Jack's, to figure out where they stood, what the competition offered and the direction it was headed, then come to the realization that if they wanted to get caught up they would have to spend $$$ to hire more knowledgeable engineers that what Vince was.

jmaryt
i "heard" that james had some issues?,,and left!..don't know what those issues were!...can you comment on this?
Yes, I kind of do, but No, I am not going to comment at all. It was more of a family and personal matter and that's how it should stay. As Sven mentioned, James went on to a passion he already had, which also means trying to help run Tesoro wasn't his passion.

jmaryt
it seems like whites is going backward,instead of forward..apparently can't keep pace with garrett!..i'm just saying'
White's has had some stumbling blocks, in my opinion, but they kind of set them out in their own path by not promoting sellable models; coming out with models that were overall inferior to what they just discontinued at the time; rushing some models to market way before they were ready (such as the Vision aka V3, the MX-5 and the MX Sport); and not getting several preproduction units into the hands of some savvy detectorists to wring them out and find any and all glitches so things can be taken care of before the model was introduced.

I feel most of the bugs were worked out for the MX-7 but that's because it is essentially the MX Sport circuitry which had already been addressed to 'fix-the-glitch' and that gave us a decent new model without a lot of negative issues. I really like my MX-7 and they do work quite well. Maybe they are making needed adjustments, but I agree that they haven't been up to the same level of competitiveness like they used to be.

I believe we are going to hear good news out of Tesoro soon, and also see some improvements out of White's coming our way, too. Never give up hope if there's a chance for change and improvement. Just watch and see what this week brings us. winking smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(1), Nokta-Makro:(3), Tesoro:(4), White's:(2), XP: (1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Tesoro layoffs?

Timbertodd 333 October 04, 2018 04:35PM

Tesoro .. The Company ... The Detectors ... The future for Detecting.

Monte 342 October 05, 2018 07:51AM

Re: Tesoro .. The Company ... The Detectors ... The future for Detecting.

Timbertodd 285 October 07, 2018 06:50PM

What would I do? Well, if I had the money ....

Monte 270 October 08, 2018 09:44AM

Re: What would I do? Well, if I had the money ....

jmaryt 209 October 08, 2018 10:31AM

Short comments in reply.

Monte 220 October 08, 2018 06:52PM

Re: Short comments in reply.

jmaryt 197 October 08, 2018 08:36PM

SvenS 192 October 08, 2018 05:23PM

jmaryt 191 October 08, 2018 08:12PM

bevelhead 179 October 08, 2018 11:27PM

jmaryt 285 October 07, 2018 07:24PM

The future for Tesoro.

Rich (Utah) 272 October 06, 2018 01:07AM

jmaryt 250 October 05, 2018 10:47AM

Re: Tesoro layoffs?

jmaryt 283 October 04, 2018 07:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018