Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My NEW Tesoro BSP .. Off on a 3-day detecting jaunt. thumbs up

October 09, 2018 05:24AM avatar
A left shoulder injury March 2nd, and the right shoulder, arm and neck/spine injury a month later sure messed up my detecting this year.sad smiley Had the cervical spine surgery and fusing done Aug. 23rd and got the OK from the neurosurgeon last Wednesday I can remove the neck brace and drive now so I have a month-and-a-half to do some catching up!

It's raining today but I am loaded up and ready to head out first thing Wednesday morning for a few days of detecting fun and check out my Tesoro BSP. Everyone ought to have one of these in their detector outfit, in my biased opinion. Do you have yours yet?

Some detecting outings or other planned excursions will have me loading up five or six or more detectors for already determined hunt site environments, but along with my Nokta-Makro CoRe and Teknetics Omega 8000, my Tesoro BSP is all outfitted and ready-to-serve at a moment's notice.

It is fully equipped with manual Sensitivity, Threshold, Discrimination and Ground Balance controls, lets me select either a Threshold-based All Metal mode or a quick-response / silent-search Discriminate mode, and I can even toggle between manual retuning or use Auto-tune in the All Metal mode!. eye popping smiley

With the highly efficient 6" Concentric coil mounted for the generally trashier sites I tend to hunt, my light weight and versatile Tesoro BSP is a dandy to tag along all the time with my CoRe and Omega 8K. What type of Discrimination circuitry does it have, you might wonder? Well, it's that terrific ED-120 Disc. that has been very proven for most hunting needs.

Of course, your Tesoro BSP might be a little different from mine. What? You're trying to figure out how I acquired a Tesoro BSP and what makes it different because it sounds similar to a Bandido II microMAX? Well, it IS a Bandido II microMAX. It's my re-acquired, formerly stolen device taken from my Tahoe one year ago today. I switched the control housing and 6" search coil and lower rod over to an original glossy gold rod, and put my pristine condition control housing and new 6" Concentric coil on the brush-finished newer rod my stolen unit was on.

I now have the choicest Bandido II µMAX adorning my den wall along with my other Regular-Use Detector Team, and my 2nd Bandido II µMAX is now back in my arsenal as my Tesoro BSP. Oh, the BSP thing? That stands for Back-Seat Partner because it is my 2nd Bandido II microMAX, and just like my 2nd Nokta CoRe and 2nd Teknetics Omega 8K, they are the models that I keep loaded in my vehicle for all my routine daily travels just in case I happen upon some place that needs to get detected. An out-of-the-way park, sidewalk repair, dug-up renovation work, or even when I might get a quick 'OK' to hunt a private property, I am always travelling prepared.

At other times I might add one or more models to what I take with me, but my new ride-along unit is my Tesoro Bandido II µMAX, one of my at-the-ready BSP's from Nokta-Makro, Teknetics and now Tesoro. It's always good to have your own BSP and I only take mine in the house when the summer heat gets too extreme, or the wintry lows get too cold to enjoy getting out to hunt and deal with cement-hard frozen ground.

Tesoro detectors are small sized, lighter weight, and handy for many applications and I know some folks like to keep a more featured model in their rig while others like a simpler unit like the Mojave, another proven performer. Just a little teaser post to let you know I am ready for some fall season metal detecting, and I hope to make a travel into Portland, Oregon and back toward Salt Lake City, Utah before Thanksgiving to pluck some keepers from those neighborhoods, too!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

My NEW Tesoro BSP .. Off on a 3-day detecting jaunt. thumbs up

Monte 357 October 09, 2018 05:24AM

2019 PLANS - What's your pick for a BSP?

Rich (Utah) 112 January 01, 2019 06:03PM

Re: 2019 PLANS - What's your pick for a BSP? Attachments

OregonGregg 83 January 02, 2019 10:40AM

Re: 2019 PLANS - What's your pick for a BSP?

jmaryt 82 January 03, 2019 01:15AM

Rich(Utah) I think you have a good single-detector pick.

Monte 90 January 02, 2019 07:15AM

jmaryt 78 January 01, 2019 09:49PM

Druid 82 January 01, 2019 08:19PM

Re: My NEW Tesoro BSP .. Off on a 3-day detecting jaunt. thumbs up

OregonGregg 174 October 09, 2018 03:38PM

jmaryt 199 October 09, 2018 10:03AM

D&P-OR 188 October 09, 2018 09:59AM

bevelhead 168 October 09, 2018 07:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018