Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Garretts I have owned

February 03, 2019 10:57PM
Back in the 70's Garretts were some top sellers in Western NY as were the White's and Fishers. I stuck with the Garrett's and White's for the most part.

My favorite was the 5KHZ DeepSeeker Master Hunter with the 7 and 10.5" coils. I did well with it hunting for War of 1812 relics, using mostly the 10.5" coil for depth. Coin hunting used the 7". It had the push button tuning on the handle. Eventually upgraded to the first ADS units, they were OK but, seemed to do better with the older VLF/TR Master Hunter. Somewhere in time I played with the Groundhog VLF/TR (not ADS) units because they were working good for silver ore sampling. My friend was killing old coins and other War of 1812 relics that washed from the banks at Ft. Erie after storms.
Then went back to several White's units. Then back to Garretts, Gti 1500 back in 2004 before getting a GTi2500 in 2005. I liked the 1500 and then the 2500. But, after moving to Georgia, found they couldn't handle the mineralized soils, lost 50% or more depth that I was getting in NY. Sold them. Then found out why there was only a couple Garrett Dealers in Georgia and why no one used them. Even bought a Groundhog for old times sake, it was so bad I sold it a few days later. But, when the AT Pro came out, they were handling the soils there without much problems. Never had a AT Pro nor would I want one. Just don't like the way they operate or sound. Now up here in Ontario Canada, there is a pretty good following, they do well up here. Bought a couple Master Hunter Deep Seeker ADS 5 and 7 a few years ago. Just didn't seem to have the depth I remembered..... I have not been tempted to get another Garrett at this point.
Now I did transform an older non-functioning Freedom ACE into a Pi, using one of my own circuit boards, pretty much a killer machine as a Pi.

Subject Author Views Posted

Garretts I have owned

SvenS 101 February 03, 2019 10:57PM

SvenS, you're bringing back memories of when Garrett was better.

Monte 72 February 04, 2019 08:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 44
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018