Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, I did a reality-check on Garrett Metal Detectors Forum activity.

July 28, 2019 10:51PM avatar
Sure, we know that while AHRPS Forums are not as old, or as large, or charge big-dollar fees for companies and dealers to promote their product brand, we still have a lot of guest viewers in many countries around the world as well as many registered participants on our Forums. So I took a quick look yesterday on one of the biggest and oldest metal detecting forums just to see how much activity there has been.

Still, one of the once very big and very popular brands, Garrett Metal Detectors and formerly Garrett Electronics has to be one of the least-popular places for users to hang out. Here on the AHRPS Garrett Metal Detectors Forum the last post was made and contributed to on June 12th. That was 1-month and 16-days ago, and we can see that, overall, it is the least active forum by far!

So I took a look at the Findmall Garrett Forum for the AT series, including the AT Pro, AT Gold and the latest entry, the AT MAX. Certainly these have to be the most spoken about of their mid-level to high-end level models, but while I have used them, none are a part of my personal detector group, nor have I ever owned one of the models. I used them enough to know that none work well for me and my needs.

I seldom visit any of the Garrett Forums at Findmall, but since the AT series are supposed to be their best, that's the site I visit on a rare occasion. The last time I was on there I clicked 'Mark Forum Read' just to make the site 'fresh' and that was way back on November 14th of 2018. Yes, that long ago, and to make the numbers easier to calculate, I added up the number of days remaining after that in November. Then I added the number of days for the following 8 months, up to and including July 27th.

Total Days elapsed since I last cleared that Forum on Findmall = 256 Days

Since I last cleared that 'AT Series' Forum the Number of Posts = 259 Posts

So, on that particular Findmall Garrett Forum those 259 Posts in 8 Months 14Days = 1.0117 Post Per Day. Just a very small fraction over 1 Post Per-Day average.

Other than the three older Garrett models I currently own (2 TR-Disc. models from '75 and '76 I am selling, and a TR-Disc. from ±1981 I plan to repair and keep), the only other Garrett I have that works well is a new, original version black Garrett Pro-Pointer. Of all the US detector manufacturers remaining alive, and with Tesoro Electronics now dead-and-gone, I am really wondering who will be the next to close up shop between Garrett and White's? Both are trailing in this industry with more dated equipment that lack both features and performance that are in demand.

What are YOUR thoughts? Any readers still owning a Garrett? Better yet, are you Owning and USING a Garrett as a primary-use detector? Is its performance reliable enough for the types of sites you mainly hunt? If you also feel the Garrett you own is a bit dated or lacking, what do you feel Garrett needs to do to bring a better game to the hunt field to gain more interest?

Kind of sad that after as long as they have been around, things just are not looking all that bright for them, or for White's for that matter.

Thoughts?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Well, I did a reality-check on Garrett Metal Detectors Forum activity.

Monte 106 July 28, 2019 10:51PM

Re: Well, I did a reality-check on Garrett Metal Detectors Forum activity.

jmaryt 80 July 30, 2019 04:44PM

My Garrett has found the vast majority of my targets the last 5 or 6 years.

UtahRich 83 July 29, 2019 09:26PM

Re: My Garrett has found the vast majority of my targets the last 5 or 6 years.

SvenS 41 October 07, 2019 03:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018