Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I remember those days, in the long-ago past, when ...

October 04, 2019 09:56AM avatar
.. we didn't have such a thing or even really imagined a simple hand-held detector to try and isolate located targets. Most of the time I can hunt without even reaching for a Pinpointer ... HOWEVER, to be 'properly' or 'fully' equipped for today's detecting adventures, I do have my Pinpointer on my detecting gear belt, and another at-the-ready should I just jump out for a quick-hit of some site.

Glad yours lasted long enough to be satisfying and trust that the new replacement will continue to serve you well.

I had two of the original Propointers and each of them almost lasted a year before going belly-up. Got a new Propointer that worked great, but it is now a 'back-up' unit in OG's under-the-bed ready gear. I rely on my Makro Pointer that I have kept with me and used with excellent service since January 8th of 2015, so that's almost 4 years 9 months without any issues. As a 'back-up' or for quick-hit needs, I just got a new Tek-Point a week ago and I like it's feel and performance. Also that it takes 2-AA alkaline batteries instead of a 9V.

Still time before winter's arrival so get out hunting and find some stuff to put that Propointer to work.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Retiring an old favorite Garrett Pro Pointer AT . . . . RIP sad smiley

UtahRich 56 October 03, 2019 08:36PM

I remember those days, in the long-ago past, when ...

Monte 33 October 04, 2019 09:56AM

Re: Retiring an old favorite Garrett Pro Pointer AT . . . . RIP sad smiley

Remfire 34 October 04, 2019 07:03AM

an old favorite

UtahRich 29 October 04, 2019 11:47AM

Yes, the MI6 is terrific with the Deus or ORX.thumbs up

Monte 29 October 04, 2019 09:40AM

Re: Retiring an old favorite Garrett Pro Pointer AT . . . . RIP sad smiley

Kickindirt 34 October 03, 2019 10:41PM

Garrett Pro Pointer AT . . . . RIP sad smiley

UtahRich 32 October 03, 2019 10:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018