Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't help but agree.

December 23, 2019 05:25PM avatar
GeoW
I just love my Tesoros but when It comes time to take advantage of a location with much potential I'm going with the best tools available, to better take advantage of the opportunity.
I also love my two favorite Tesoro models, and both, especially the Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric coil, has proven itself to provide well above-average performance when relic hunting some of the more iron littered ghost towns. That includes those with very good potential, but note that I said it provides me with "above-average" performance.

The real problem here is separating detectors to set-aside those that can work well in dense iron sites, and way too many makes and models that have been around in recent years to those newer models offered today, are just 'average' to 'below-average' performance for my needs. Maybe OK for a lot of urban coin and jewelry sites or maybe a beach, but they just are not good performers in the more challenging places.

My Bandido II µMAX and 6" I can depend on when needed, however, I also have several 'above-average' models in my Detector Outfit that I assign specifically for the really challenging iron contaminated sites. Solid performers that make most others pale in comparison in performance.

GeoW
Be Prepared!

geo

Yes, we should be, and that means we ought to own and use at least two models that complement the performance of the other.

And there isn't anything from Garrett that I have found in quite a long while that satisfies me in fit-and-finish, balance, and general-purpose performance. Not where I like to hunt.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I continue to be amazed ....confused smiley

Monte 231 December 22, 2019 10:11PM

Re: I continue to be amazed ....confused smiley

jmaryt 121 December 25, 2019 12:42AM

Re: I continue to be amazed ....confused smiley

GeoW 145 December 23, 2019 09:59AM

I can't help but agree.

Monte 170 December 23, 2019 05:25PM

Re: I can't help but agree.

jmaryt 129 December 23, 2019 07:25PM

Monte 170 December 23, 2019 11:36PM

jmaryt 130 December 25, 2019 12:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018