Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I can't help but agree.

December 23, 2019 11:36PM avatar
jmaryt
got tired of the "boing-boing" a long time ago!..hey monte?
maybe the ''puke" color green too? i could never get used to the tones
of a garrett,and believe me i tried! my brother was a "dealer" back in the day, and i ran 'em all with a taped up coil.ergonomically, they were horrible too! i'm just sayin'.
That 'Boing1-Boing! audio used the more recent two-to-three decades has to be one of the most annoying features of any make or model detector. I rely on a good, workabalen audio response and audio quality, and that one is terrible.

As for the shade of green, I happened to like the 'Garrett Green' they used back in the latter '70s, and still have two of my long-ago favorites around. A TR-Disc. master Hunter from about '76, and an American TR S2 from ± '81.

If your brother was a Garrett Dealer "back-in-the-day" and they had horrible audio, that must not have been far enough back. As for recent to current models, they have slipped behind so far as modern ergonomics, features and performance for all-purpose versatility. I sure hope anyone working on an up-to-date unit takes everything into consideration in a new product design, including audio.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I continue to be amazed ....confused smiley

Monte 153 December 22, 2019 10:11PM

Re: I continue to be amazed ....confused smiley

jmaryt 74 December 25, 2019 12:42AM

Re: I continue to be amazed ....confused smiley

GeoW 89 December 23, 2019 09:59AM

I can't help but agree.

Monte 107 December 23, 2019 05:25PM

jmaryt 81 December 23, 2019 07:25PM

Monte 102 December 23, 2019 11:36PM

jmaryt 80 December 25, 2019 12:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018