Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will there be anything new ... and useful ... from Garrett ...

February 28, 2020 06:17AM avatar
.. in time to make our 12th WTHO in Nevada starting June 3rd? Something new in physical packaging and circuitry design concept that would make a good performer in dense Iron Nails, Rusty Tin and other challenging conditions we face?

I just posted this topic on the FTP Forum because I thought they would have brought us a new Teknetics or Fisher model by now. Garrett did upscale their lower-end, but still pricy, Ace series to have numerical VDI read-out, but there hasn't been much change to their primary-use upper-end AT series. The AT Max, but that was more-or-less blending some of the features of the Pro and Gold models with a couple of additions. They are still top-heavy, and lack many of the circuitry design features we have seen over the last 5+ years.

One of the popular adjustments found on many models today is Iron Audio Volume control., introduced in the FTP product line several years ago with the budget Euro-Tek Pro. Many, not all, detector makers have incorporated this in their newer models.

One other circuitry function I really wish every manufacturer would address is Ground Balance. To make it functional for ALL modes, including the motion-based Disc. mode, to help improve performance afield and eliminate falsing in challenging ground mineral conditions. Our 12th WTHO is coming up in just three months, and looking back over the prior 11 Outings, I can only recall two times a Garrett detector has been put into action. When we typically get 17 to 25 people attend an outing and a major brand maker isn't well represented, that isn't a good thing.

It's time for the USA detector makers to step-it-up if they want to stay in the game with a lot of avid consumers. What do you think? Any guess when Garrett might bring out something new and innovative with up-to-date current features? They have been rumored to have something in the works, but I wonder if it will be out in time for the very active USA detecting season .... such as our Outing to kick off June?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Will there be anything new ... and useful ... from Garrett ...

Monte 278 February 28, 2020 06:17AM

Re: Will there be anything new ... and useful ... from Garrett ...

jmaryt 188 February 28, 2020 11:00PM

They are at a point to come up with something.

Monte 174 February 29, 2020 07:52AM

Re: Will there be anything new ... and useful ... from Garrett ...

glabelle 189 February 28, 2020 07:33AM

Back to you, George.

Monte 192 February 28, 2020 09:17AM

Re: Back to you, George.

glabelle 203 February 28, 2020 09:22AM

thumbs up N/T

Monte 139 February 29, 2020 07:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020