Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rich said: "All I ask is spare me the drama." ... And I agree 100%.

April 21, 2020 11:25AM avatar
Most of the three FTP brand's lower-end models, and virtually all of those from White's and Garrett, are close to useless for anything other than simple urban Coin Hunting, such as in park and school grass. Not very good around the metal structures in tot-lots or similar other challenges, and just about the last thing you would ever imagine trying to put-to-work in an ugly, Iron-contaminated old site.

The only things I own and use, and am very impressed with, in a manufacturer's lower-cost offering are the Minelab Vanquish 540 and Nokta / Makro Simplex +. The physical package of these to detectors, plus their circuitry design, adjustable features, and in-the-field performance, definitely put them miles ahead of the other competition.

If Garrett brings out a new 'upscale' model to replace the Ace series, they darn sure better have made some major performance improvements. And it the Apex is going to be a 'real' Apex in the product line to stand above the AT series, we are going to need to see a lot more physical design and feature-set advancement than what they have given us in recent years. It is going to have to rival the impressive models from Minelab, XP and Nokta / Makro.

Garrett Electronics, now Garrett Metal Detectors, has long been a leader in marketing .... but that can only go so far. When the product's appearance and in-the-field performance start falling further and further behind, it will eventually start to weaken all the efforts to promote a product line. That teaser video they put out is almost a sign that things aren't going well at the moment because that was one of the worst videos I have ever seen from Garrett. It was about a step below White's offering with Steve Howard using an MX Sport to sweep over a banana and then removing the quarter before eating his snack.

Just 24 days until Garrett's big announcement video presentation ... it better be good.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Official Release Announcement from Garrett ... May 15theye rolling smiley

Monte 120 April 10, 2020 03:18PM

Re: Official Release Announcement from Garrett ... May 15theye rolling smiley

diggindeep 91 April 10, 2020 04:41PM

As for the new model and a Simul-MF concept.

Monte 104 April 11, 2020 12:24AM

Re: As for the new model and a Simul-MF concept.

jmaryt 72 April 20, 2020 10:54PM

jmaryt 80 April 10, 2020 04:49PM

jmaryt 81 April 10, 2020 04:38PM

glabelle 77 April 10, 2020 04:18PM

Announcement from Garrett ... May 15th

UtahRich 53 April 20, 2020 07:16PM

Rich said: "All I ask is spare me the drama." ... And I agree 100%.

Monte 59 April 21, 2020 11:25AM

Re: Rich said: "All I ask is spare me the drama." ... And I agree 100%.

jmaryt 55 April 21, 2020 04:52PM

Re: is spare me the drama." ... And I agree 100%.

Sodbuster 41 April 29, 2020 05:47PM

Another video tease today

SvenS 67 April 24, 2020 06:00PM

jmaryt 79 April 10, 2020 04:44PM

Re: Official Release Announcement from Garrett ... May 15theye rolling smiley Attachments

SvenS 81 April 11, 2020 05:58AM

Sven, I couldn't get a clear zoom look, either, but ....

Monte 80 April 11, 2020 10:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018