Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS----I thought you was talkin bout me when I seen your title Gregg!!!!

May 18, 2020 08:00PM avatar
D&P-OR
Monte told me you had it bad (kinda in love with red--Vanquish)---words something like that! grinning smiley-----Make up your mind now---which one's it gonna be----orange or red??-----I think that's their colors---last time I checked I wasn't quite color blind!winking smiley

Well hell ya I'm falling for ya Del, in a very cold molasses slow kinda way grinning smiley As far as what Monte said about me having it bad for the Vanquish.....in a way he was right.............but it was the physical package I was in love with and now I see the Apex, which looks to also have a nice light balanced ( to be determined) physical package offering some neat features like the Vanquish at a pretty nice price point.

But deep down I look at these 2 machines and think this is something that Nokta could have done. A nice lite well-balanced rain resistant machine ( no need for all that waterproofing to make a machine heavier + they have 3 machines that are waterproof already) that could offer wireless as well as a 1/4" jack for headphones etc etc. Granted Nokta isn't in the SMF game yet,but I would take a multi selectable single freq machine. I would rather have a selectable single freq machine over an MF machine at least in the nasty iron, rusted tin filled sites I hunt.

Anyhow this is the Garrett thread and I'll try to mostly stick to their machine. One last word about the Vanquish is it does balance well and it collapses down very nicely.

Back to the Apex, other than what we know already, and for some other illogical reasons, that little machine just caught my eye. Enough that I actually think I would like to get one and give it an honest try. In the past, I relied upon Monte to try machines and give his sound advice, but this time around I might just get one and Monte and I can compare notes, have our usual friendly arguments/discussions( haven't won one yet sad smiley ) and go from there. I think if it does provide a decent amount of performance it would be a fun machine to have. Granted it won't be replacing my beloved Fors Core ( I'll still prob be swinging that till the day I head to that Ghost Town in the sky smiling smiley

But as far as the Apex, all we have now are a few pictures and some specs on paper. The only way to tell about performance is to actually use the thing. So if I call it wrong and it's not as anticipated, then it will be on Ebay the next day. Guess we will find out in July.....

CoRe
Relic
Racers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2020 08:15PM by OregonGregg.
Subject Author Views Posted

Slowly falling in Love...............

OregonGregg 83 May 18, 2020 02:30PM

Re: Slowly falling in Love...............Gregg headphones

Kickindirt 37 May 19, 2020 07:59AM

D&P-OR 41 May 19, 2020 09:42AM

Kickindirt 35 May 19, 2020 10:15AM

Gregg, the APEX and the Viper .... a Terrible Trio.

Monte 44 May 19, 2020 07:18AM

Re: Slowly falling in Love...............

D&P-OR 42 May 18, 2020 09:18PM

Del, the SunRay Pro Gold headphones are a no-go.

Monte 34 May 19, 2020 09:57PM

OregonGregg 40 May 19, 2020 04:46AM

Doggone Pro Stars

UtahRich 31 May 19, 2020 09:45PM

Re: Doggone Pro Stars

OregonGregg 24 May 20, 2020 08:08AM

Sodbuster 26 May 21, 2020 07:32AM

OregonGregg 19 May 21, 2020 07:49AM

UtahRich 22 May 20, 2020 07:23PM

MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS----I thought you was talkin bout me when I seen your title Gregg!!!!

D&P-OR 52 May 18, 2020 06:53PM

For both Gregg and I, it is the Vanquish ...

Monte 58 May 18, 2020 08:03PM

Re: MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS----I thought you was talkin bout me when I seen your title Gregg!!!!

OregonGregg 50 May 18, 2020 08:00PM

Garrett APEX - Is it worth a Loan ?

UtahRich 46 May 18, 2020 09:54PM

Harold,ILL. 43 May 18, 2020 06:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 45
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018