Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gregg, the APEX and the Viper .... a Terrible Trio.

May 19, 2020 07:18AM avatar
OregonGregg
Every time I look at a pic of the Apex, I sure like what I see. If anything, Garrett sure made a nice looking machine, the physical package, the display.........heck that alone makes ya wanna get one.
I sure can't argue with that because I think it lokks pretty darn good myself. I know I aqm going to get one with the Z-Lynk headphones.

OregonGregg
Every year I tell myself no more detectors, but I guess 2020 will turn out to be no different than previous years.
Every YEAR!! How about me hearing that on a monthly or weekly or every couple of days basis.

OregonGregg
Guess I'll prob get one down the road. Will be fun to have a machine you can shift gears or just go automatic. Will be a fun machine to go up against Monte and his V540.......that can't shift gears and stuck in automatic.
Yes, it might be interesting, but don't forget I also plan to get an APEX in my hands as well. Then I'll know which is the better of the two for a particular task. Also, if Garrett doesn't get a smaller coil out for it, the V-540 has an edge since the Pro Pack comes with a really nice 5X8 DD coil for trashier or brushier sites.

OregonGregg
He could try to come at me with the Simplex but he is stuck in 1st gear (12Khz) so I could just take my thumb and click my Apex into high gear (20Khz) and easily stay ahead.
High or Low gear, you'd be shifting an equal distance either way from 12.5 kHz ... and I think George & I would appreciate th 12. kHz design choice of the Simplex +. George? Oh, yes, I'm referring to George Payne the well respected design engineer. He knew a good deal about frequencies and optimum general-purpose choices.

Yes, by "shifting gears" it will be good for your health. It will eliminate those frequent long walks you take in ghosts towns to go back to your pick-up and change detectors ... with different frequencies.smiling smiley

OregonGregg
I see some fun times in the future out at Rippville.
Yep, instead of CoRe Vs CoRe it will be APEX vs APEX, then just what modes and frequencies we each pick.

OregonGregg
The one thing I really hope for is that the MS 3 wireless Garrett headphones sound bold and put out some good/loud volume.
Hoping so as well. I know the wireless headphones with the XP ORX and Minelab Vanquish 540 fit that description pretty well.

OregonGregg
Well, Monte, ya got until some time in July to try and figure out a game plan on how ya might go up against me, the Apex and a Viper.........
Probably by the end of July or start of August we'll each have made a decision and settled on whether we both like the APEX or not. No doubt there will be bragging times for each of us, even using the same outfits. Maybe both of us will end up being our own "Terrible Trio?"

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Slowly falling in Love...............

OregonGregg 229 May 18, 2020 02:30PM

Re: Slowly falling in Love...............Gregg headphones

Kickindirt 154 May 19, 2020 07:59AM

D&P-OR 134 May 19, 2020 09:42AM

Kickindirt 141 May 19, 2020 10:15AM

Gregg, the APEX and the Viper .... a Terrible Trio.

Monte 168 May 19, 2020 07:18AM

Re: Slowly falling in Love...............

D&P-OR 137 May 18, 2020 09:18PM

Del, the SunRay Pro Gold headphones are a no-go.

Monte 123 May 19, 2020 09:57PM

OregonGregg 124 May 19, 2020 04:46AM

Doggone Pro Stars

UtahRich 120 May 19, 2020 09:45PM

Re: Doggone Pro Stars

OregonGregg 116 May 20, 2020 08:08AM

Sodbuster 121 May 21, 2020 07:32AM

OregonGregg 106 May 21, 2020 07:49AM

UtahRich 107 May 20, 2020 07:23PM

MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS----I thought you was talkin bout me when I seen your title Gregg!!!!

D&P-OR 141 May 18, 2020 06:53PM

For both Gregg and I, it is the Vanquish ...

Monte 151 May 18, 2020 08:03PM

Re: MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS----I thought you was talkin bout me when I seen your title Gregg!!!!

OregonGregg 141 May 18, 2020 08:00PM

Garrett APEX - Is it worth a Loan ?

UtahRich 138 May 18, 2020 09:54PM

Harold,ILL. 132 May 18, 2020 06:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 48
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020