Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NiMH rechargeable AA batteries, and now Monte's new decision.

July 02, 2020 02:43PM avatar
Adding Garrett Z-link Wireless Headphone system with AT Z-lynk pinpointer.

I guess I got a bit spoiled. First, my XP ORX with wireless headphones and pinpointer that works with them. That was a combination of something I enjoying with my hearing impairment. Then, a Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pack that came with Minelab's ML-80 wireless headphones that sound terrific. On the 12th WTHO a month ago I picked up a second Nokta / Makro Simplex + from 'Kickindirt' that came with their wireless headphones which are not quite as good, but better than the earlier versions I had.

I do have one pair of Pro Star corded headphones and then my favorite Killer B 'Hornet' and 'Wasp' corded headphones. I like them all, and they work fine on all my other detectors.

However, I started to get just a little spoiled going Wireless and the Garrett Z-Lynk headphones and transmit and sending units work really well. Virtually no lag-time at all on any of my detectors. Plus, they are comfortable and I have the benefit of using the Garrett AT Pinpointer and hearing it directly in my headphones. I like that because I don't have to keep lifting one ear cup off to try to hear a pin pointer ..... barely.

I guess those are two signs that some modern stuff is catching up with Monte. My two Simplex units and ORX are rechargeable anyway due to their built-in Lithium batteries. The XP and Nokta / Makro Pinpointers are also rechargeable, as are my Minelab, XP and new Garrett Headphones.

Now all I have to do as I continue to age is not become forgetful when it comes to keeping everything charged up. I don't think there's a good fix for old age forgetfulness.eye popping smiley

I got my Garrett Z-Lynk headphone setup from OregonGregg by trading him four sets of Pro Star headphones which are his favorites. I'm not sure what the Z-Lynk system cost him, but he bought it from 'Kickindirt' who is the dealer you might want to contact if interested.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2020 01:59AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

NiMH rechargeable AA batteries, and now Monte's new decision.

Monte 131 July 02, 2020 02:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020