Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now some better news about the Garrett Apex

September 01, 2020 08:09AM
I already said I liked the look, weight, wireless headphones and rechargeable batteries. I'll have to agree with Monte as well with the volume, it will blow your ears out if up above 5. Now that I'm past the iron separation tests I spent a number of hours last night comparing it to some of my detectors in regard to depth.

Put up against metal detectors in the higher price range like the Equinox, Anfibio or Deus the Apex doesn't compare on depth as would be expected. In fact the Equinox with the 6" coil will easily out do the Apex and ID the coin correctly to boot. But if you compare it to metal detectors in the sane price range it's actually not a bad performer (with exception of the Vanquish which would be deeper).

My coin garden has quarters buried at 2, 4, 6 & 8 inches. Dimes buried at 2, 4 & 6 inches. Nickles buried at 2, 4, 6 & 8 inches and small pewter buttons (which would be similar to a $1 gold coin) buried at 2, 4 & 6 inches. In my coin garden last night I put the Apex up against the Fisher F19 5 x 10 coil, Simplex 5 x 9.5 coil, and Racer 2 7 x 11 coil. All the detectors have no problem hitting the 2 and 4 inch items. All hit the 6" items but some gave one way signals and/or ID was very jumpy. Only the Apex and the Racer 2 (both with bigger coils) could hit the 8" items, they were one way hits and ID all over the place but still shows the Apex does have something going in the depth department.

I wouldn't take the Apex to a ghost town or relic site. But I think it would perform just fine in a park (with less trash) or at the beach.

Andrew

XP Deus-Minelab Equinox 800-Minelab GPX 4000-Tarsacci MDT 8000-Makro Racer 2-Nokta Makro Simplex-Minelab Vanquish-Easy Radar ER500A GPR
Subject Author Views Posted

Now some better news about the Garrett Apex

diggindeep 75 September 01, 2020 08:09AM

Some better news about the Garrett Apex

UtahRich 56 September 01, 2020 11:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020