Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Congrats on the silver 25¢! ... Quick questions.

November 02, 2020 11:12PM avatar
Timbertodd
Im usually in Relic or Jewelry mode. I can take advantage of the Iron Audio feature using some discrimination. Im finding this feature to be very handy.

Today I got permission for a couple of cleared and graded lots where homes once stood. The place was hunted before I worked it a couple of years ago and picking's are thin, but I got the OK and we have through maybe Thursday or possibly Friday before we have an abrupt weather change. Much colder, very windy, and even a threat of some snow or sleet starting this weekend. So, if I'm feeling up to it, my Apex & I will be working those lots as much as possible. If the amount of debris gets to me, since I'm specifically looking for smaller coin-size targets, I just might opt for a different 'mode' to reject more annoying trash.

I very seldom use any Disc. mode other than 'Custom'. I have my 'custom' Discrimination set to Accept all segments from '20' on up, and only occasionally will I opt for Zero. That way my settings let me hear all I want to hear, and when I get some of those tell-tale hints of some offending iron junk, such as Bottle Caps, I take advantage of a 'momentary' use of the Iron Audio function. I check the located target with a couple of weeps and then turn Iron Audio back 'Off' as it served its purpose. It is a useful feature, but I never set out to search a site with the Iron Audio activated full-time.

Timbertodd
Depending on where Im hunting I might opt for Zero mode and increase the Iron Volume a smidge.

I always keep my Iron Volume set at '2' or no higher than '3', if it is a noisy environment I seldom change to '3' and use the Garrett MS-3 wireless headphones which provide me ample audio quality and ability to hear both the detector in use and AT Pin-Pointer at work when called upon. With my lower-end Acceptance in the Custom 'mode' I hear a lot and get along quite well without opting for Zero.

Timbertodd
I was in Jewelry mode Saturday. I do not mind digging foil and pulltabs because the payoff can outweigh the added target recoveries.

Yep, when working the better-potential locations it's beneficial to recover a lot of those good lower-conductive targets. Just removing the trash can help, but it sure is nice to be rewarded from time-to-time with some decent gold r silver jewelry.

Again, Congrats on your rent Silver Quarter find.thumbs up I'm hoping my vacant lot hunt will reward me with something that nice.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Saturday's Hunt Attachments

Timbertodd 49 November 01, 2020 04:31PM

Re: Saturday's Hunt congrats on the nice silver man!! N/T

Kickindirt 28 November 02, 2020 12:37PM

Re: Saturday's Hunt congrats on the nice silver man!!

Timbertodd 22 November 02, 2020 10:17PM

Re: Saturday's Hunt

OregonGregg 31 November 01, 2020 10:20PM

Re: Saturday's Hunt

Timbertodd 26 November 02, 2020 08:03AM

Quarters

UtahRich 33 November 01, 2020 07:50PM

Re: Quarters

Timbertodd 25 November 01, 2020 08:51PM

Congrats on the silver 25¢! ... Quick questions.

Monte 37 November 01, 2020 06:26PM

Timbertodd 31 November 01, 2020 07:45PM

Monte 26 November 02, 2020 11:12PM

Timbertodd 23 November 08, 2020 10:55AM

A Double Vacant Lot Report:

Monte 29 November 08, 2020 12:30PM

Lot Report -

UtahRich 27 November 08, 2020 05:41PM

Re: A Double Vacant Lot Report:

Timbertodd 24 November 08, 2020 02:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020