Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just a short reply.eye popping smiley

November 24, 2020 09:37PM avatar
Timbertodd
Thanks Monte and Rich. Im pretty confident in how Ive been hunting. Im picking out good targets amongst the trash and picking up multiple good targets close together.

If your are confident on how you're hunting and on how the detector in-hand is performing, then just relax. I also like the way my Apex hits on coins in very modern trashy sites. Much like the behavior I also enjoy from my F5 w/7" Concentric and Simplex + w/5X9½ DD, which means they all remind me of why I like, and the success I have enjoyed from, my two favorite Tesoro models in similar trashy environments.thumbs up

Timbertodd
I saw these examples and it did make me stop and second guess myself.

If you are pleased with your detector and coil choice, pleased with the performance and the results you're enjoying, then don't waste time trying to "second guess" how others hunt or what they are using. Just continue to have fun because that's what it's all about.

Monte

PS: I was up last night dealing with low blood sugar issues and some stomach problems and didn't make it out to 'Rippville' today. However, I did see they did some more grading at the vacant lots and hauled off three big mounds of dirt and debris. I'm going to contact the owners tomorrow and see if it's still OK to get some lot-hunting done in the next few days when we get sun and it warms up in the afternoon. Then I can report on the Apex w/5X8 'Ripper' coil in that cluttered environment.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Am I missing Something

Timbertodd 71 November 24, 2020 06:55PM

Re: Am I missing Something

zincoln 46 November 24, 2020 09:40PM

Re: Am I missing Something

Timbertodd 46 November 24, 2020 10:05PM

No, you're not missing anything. You're just witnessing things I've watched for over 50 years.

Monte 55 November 24, 2020 08:13PM

Missing Something -

UtahRich 53 November 24, 2020 08:08PM

Re: Missing Something -

Timbertodd 43 November 24, 2020 09:18PM

Just a short reply.eye popping smiley

Monte 49 November 24, 2020 09:37PM

Re: Just a short reply.eye popping smiley

Timbertodd 43 November 24, 2020 10:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 68
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020