Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disappointing performance

October 03, 2021 06:38PM
My wife and I spent a few days at Lincoln City. I took the Apex along with both the Viper coil and the Nel Superfly. I started out with the Superfly running the Apex in MF opting for my usual jewelry mode. Hitting the dry sand the 1st thing I noticed was chattiness. I was running 1 bar shy of full sensitivity. To calm the beast I had to drop it down 2 more bars but I was still dealing with alot of falsing. I switched to MS and that really quieted things down. The 2nd thing I noticed was how far off the VDI was to what was recovered. A quarter was hitting 99 whether on the surface or buried. I was also dealing with way to many ghost signals. I switched to the Viper coil and it ran just fine in MF. I went over a few areas that the Superfly was insistent that a target was there. The Viper was silent. The Viper was also way more accurate/consistent on target ID. The Superfly has performed well in the ballfields and open park areas for me. Unfortunately its not happy at saltwater beaches. I had heard rumor this was case. The Viper coil saved the detecting part of the trip. No note worthy finds but the fall weather was great and it was a truly enjoyable time getting away.

Garrett Apex, Nokta Simplex, Tesoro Bandido 2 Micro Max, Garrett Carrot
Subject Author Views Posted

Disappointing performance

Timbertodd 89 October 03, 2021 06:38PM

Re: Disappointing performance

kac 46 October 07, 2021 11:06PM

Timbertodd 42 October 08, 2021 11:44AM

Search coil selection and search coil behavior.

Monte 57 October 05, 2021 03:44AM

Re: Search coil selection and search coil behavior.

kac 38 October 08, 2021 10:21AM

Re: Search coil selection and search coil behavior.

Timbertodd 39 October 08, 2021 11:52AM

Kickindirt 51 October 04, 2021 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021