Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Search coil selection and search coil behavior.

kac
October 08, 2021 10:21AM
I have 2 Nel coils and 1 Mars coils.

On the AT Pro the Nel Big does as Nel says upto 50% deeper than stock but that is in perfect conditions. In the filed you may only see 20% deeper. Stability is pretty good for a coil of that size but it is heavy and has limited use in my area.
I have the Mars Tiger on the AT Pro. I found that the Tiger is incredibly stable and does go deeper than the stock but is a bit on the heavy side. I use that coil for water hunting. Quality of the Mars coil is under rated and I think often overlooked

I ended up getting a Superfly for my Multi Kruzer simply because when I ordered the stock 11" coil I had major issues with it with numbers shifted, incredibly noisy and pin pointing was off centered about 2" to the bottom left of the coil! I tried to contact the service center in GA and they never responded back. After repeated tries I finally got in touch with the guy that was supposed to call me on the issue and he said it was just emi. This is false because EMI varies from area to area and the problem with the coil was exactly the same everywere I tried. Luckilly the dealer intervened and took it back. I was almost ready to dump Nokta products because of the poor support until Dilek opened a 2nd service center. A friend of mine who has a Multi Kruzer had similar problems with the other service center.
What I did find is the Superfly worked incredibly well on the Multi Kruzer and it's light weight makes it enjoyable to swing. I used that coil in open fields and some water hunting. I also use the stock coil and recently purchased the concentric for iron riddled areas.

For the Apex I wanted a slightly larger coil and I do like round coils to navigate the small undergrowth in woods as I can push the stuff asside. Just a preference for me. Curious how it compares to the stock Viper coil. Someday maybe Garrett will come out with a small concentric for it.

Back to the Superfly on the Apex, do you need to do a factory reset on the Apex when changing coils like the AT series machines? If so that could be the cause of the Superfly poor performance.
Subject Author Views Posted

Disappointing performance

Timbertodd 90 October 03, 2021 06:38PM

Re: Disappointing performance

kac 46 October 07, 2021 11:06PM

Timbertodd 42 October 08, 2021 11:44AM

Search coil selection and search coil behavior.

Monte 57 October 05, 2021 03:44AM

kac 38 October 08, 2021 10:21AM

Timbertodd 39 October 08, 2021 11:52AM

Kickindirt 52 October 04, 2021 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021