Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SvenS, those are the kinds of dreams I have ... often.

February 08, 2022 03:21PM avatar
Mainly just dreaming about those good old days when there were good finds aplenty, and when we didn't have so much jargon and chit-chat about detector features and functions. It was mainly just the 'basics' and, you know what, we found a lot! Much more than I could today even if i have all my younger-age health and mobility like back i the '70s.

Occasionally my 'dreams' drift me off from various sites and the targets recovered, to the detectors and coils that worked so well. Then, when I wake up, I not only want to try and locate a virgin site to hunt, but I think about some of those older detectors, then load one or two up (with a 'regular-use' detector or two of today) and head out to spend an hour or two just playing around with those 'dated' models.

I've thinned out a lot of the old stuff I had over the past dozen years or so, but I have some still around (4 working and 1 that needs repair) for memory's sake and also to use in my seminars to demonstrate what we had, how they worked, and what performance we lost along the way as we 'progressed' to this digital age of detector designs.

Do you take your old Garrett out on occasion? If and when you do, good luck! Find something new to dream about.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F75+ w/3½X6 .. Racer w/4.7X5.2 .. FORS Relic w/5" .. Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" .. Bandido II µMAX w/6"
Vanquish 540 w/5X8 .. Racer 2 w/5X9½ .. F19 w/5X10 .. Vista X (coming)
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Garrett DeepSeeker ADS with 10.5" coil

SvenS 258 February 08, 2022 07:39AM

Making Dreams a reality.............

OregonGregg 143 April 01, 2022 10:02AM

Hey, a terrific idea! Head West to Wells, Nevada for our 14th WTHO June 15th to 19th. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float N/T

Monte 117 April 01, 2022 05:24PM

Re: Garrett DeepSeeker ADS with 10.5" coil

D&P-OR 166 March 30, 2022 10:02PM

smiling smileyRe: Garrett DeepSeeker ADS with 10.5" coil N/T

kac 251 March 30, 2022 09:12PM

SvenS, those are the kinds of dreams I have ... often.

Monte 184 February 08, 2022 03:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14