Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I don't see many Garrett Metal Detector users in my area, but ....

August 18, 2018 07:48PM
I've been using a AT Pro the last month or so. This is the first Garrett I have owned so I do not have alot of Garrett experience. So far I am happy with my purchase ( good used purchase price). There are some things I do not care for about the machine. The biggy is like Monte mentioned, the coil plug and headphone plug are a REAL PAIN to install. I put the 1/4" adapter cord on for aftermarket headphones. I did not care for the Garrett's. My favorite setting is Pro custom with zero rejection and iron set at 25-25. I do not care for the bell tone in the standard modes, I like the 3 tone audio. Playing around with it in the different modes I found nickles do not hit nearly as hard in the standard or pro coin mode. I found a gold tone bracelet in the pro custom mode that would not register a hit in the coin modes.I'm still learning the detector and look forward to some rain so I can comfortably hit some grassy areas. I have read a lot of posts on some other boards saying the 5"x8" DD coil is the way to go but I'm not so sure. I wish Garrett had a 6" or 7" concentric as opposed to all of the DD coils, I may have to research aftermarket coils.
Subject Author Views Posted

I don't see many Garrett Metal Detector users in my area, but ....

Monte 364 July 15, 2018 05:48AM

Re: I don't see many Garrett Metal Detector users in my area, but ....

Timbertodd 159 August 18, 2018 07:48PM

Todd, my thoughts on your AT Pro.

Monte 189 August 20, 2018 05:42PM

Re: Todd, my thoughts on your AT Pro.

Timbertodd 140 August 21, 2018 04:33PM

My thoughts on a Double-D Vs Concentric in a sort of mid-size range.

Monte 153 August 22, 2018 01:40AM

Re: My thoughts on a Double-D Vs Concentric in a sort of mid-size range.

Timbertodd 142 August 22, 2018 04:46PM

Well, half of my goal is achieved to get an American S2 TR back in my detector group.

Monte 190 August 03, 2018 01:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018