Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Singing in the Rain . . . . .

March 08, 2019 11:53PM
NWCindy
Rich I was reading your post about hunting in the park. I'm curious do you use the hand lesche digging tool? I only Wonder because I do use one as well I have a lesche shovel but I only use it in not parks at any rate in rough land basically. I see you use a drop cloth too and I need to add one of those to carry with me. I don't carry one.

Hi Cindy,

When I am hunting public parks and such, I take my 'manicured' lawn recovery tools consisting of my Lesche hand digger, an old Coinpopper (probe), my Garrett carrot pinpointer, my drop cloth and a trash pouch. I do have a Sampson recovery shovel that does a beautiful job of cutting plugs in manicured lawns, but I don't take it to the park. I don't want to draw attention to myself or give my local park grounds crew reason to pause and be concerned over what I might do with it.

NWCindy
I wanted to comment though on the waterproof machines. I got one several years ago and I am really glad I have it because I live in the Pacific Northwest and it rains all the time. So I'm really happy I have one. I don't have to worry about it getting wet, I don't have to worry about ruining it and I can wash it off in the shower with me when I'm done if I want to. For me it is a great choice. I now have the kruzer and enjoy it. It was a toss-up though on the Equinox or the kruzer about with a kruzer. As always you wonder if you're going to ever need another one though

I've been rained upon enough times over the years that I am grateful to have a weather proof detector in such a lightweight package. A sudden downpour or a unexpected oops into the water can ruin an expensive detector. And it is nice to be able to wipe down or spray off a dirty detector, be it outside with a hose or your method of " in the shower". winking smiley

Best of luck as always,

Rich (Utah)

Minelab EQ800
Nokta FORS CoRe
Garrett ProPointer AT
Subject Author Views Posted

Stroll in the Park Attachments

Rich (Utah) 67 March 07, 2019 01:12PM

Re: Stroll in the Park

NWCindy 27 March 08, 2019 11:26PM

Singing in the Rain . . . . .

Rich (Utah) 26 March 08, 2019 11:53PM

Re: Singing in the Rain . . . . .

NWCindy 22 March 09, 2019 01:02AM

Re: Singing in the Rain . . . . .

jmaryt 22 March 09, 2019 11:50PM

Re: Stroll in the Park

Kickindirt 29 March 08, 2019 07:09PM

My EQX800 - thumbs up

Rich (Utah) 30 March 08, 2019 10:17PM

Congrats

OregonGregg 31 March 07, 2019 05:30PM

Good job I love the Indians N/T

NWCindy 20 March 07, 2019 03:36PM

Congrats on the Indian Head, and thanks for the set-up info. N/T

Monte 22 March 07, 2019 03:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018