Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A 'back-road' trip to a 'bad-ground' location .... again?

March 18, 2019 03:17AM avatar
Rich, is that the same direction you traveled to find that Trade Token that would-have-been really good if it wasn't so destroyed? I'm trying to figure out just how far you travelled and in which direction to encounter the challenging ground environment.thinking

There are several old places off to the west from you a good pace, towards the 'Twin Flats' area where you found that CC Seated Liberty Dime on our outing long ago, that sometimes ruined keepers. Matter of fact, 'Twin Flats' itself surrendered hundreds of old coins to me and from certain areas of that townsite they were terrible-looking specimens. Most I could clean and restore to some degree, but long durations of a wetted salt environment left even the silvers pitted and/or with a build-up on them.

Sections of the site, where a lot of burned-up coal as well as discarded iron and ???, also degraded some of the coins. Also, away from the salt-mix ground at that location and off to the north, across the border, there were a few small towns that also had ugly-money very often due to whatever was in the ground make-up. Yet only a short drive apart was another small town or other place of interest where target recoveries were in beautiful condition. So, the puzzle pieces continue as you mention where you're hunting and maybe one of these days I'll figure out where you're going. winking smiley

At least you got out, had 'fun' and made a successful time of it. Thanks, again, for posting your make/model and settings used. I appreciate that kind of information.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Backroads - Attachments

Rich (Utah) 91 March 17, 2019 04:18PM

A 'back-road' trip to a 'bad-ground' location .... again?

Monte 50 March 18, 2019 03:17AM

Re: Backroads -

OregonGregg 47 March 17, 2019 06:22PM

jmaryt 50 March 17, 2019 05:47PM

Druid 45 March 17, 2019 05:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018