Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Minelab detector

July 02, 2019 10:51PM avatar
Big Congrats DirtDigger,

I started swinging a Minelab back in 2000, an Explorer XS. I'm currently sporting the 800 and I have to say that I really like it. I've have mine about 15 months now and have spent most all of my detecting time with the 800 since then. I think of it as my main detector.

I do have one suggestion that's worked well for me; picking up a USB charging station. Minelab DOESN'T include a charging adapter with the Equinox. You can use those little 1A versions you get with most cell phones and the like, but, they will take a LONG time to completely recharge the Equinox. And you will most likely have 2 pieces of equipment to charge, the 800 itself and the wireless headphones. Thus, you need 2 USB charging ports to connect both cables to.

I picked up a 6 port charging station rated at 2A per port. Wow, that sure cleaned up the mess of little USB chargers we had all over the house. Centralized our USB charging as well. All the little 1A chargers cluttering the house were slipped away in a box for emergencies. When I want to charge up my EQ800 or the Deus, I simply plug in the USB cables I keep in a zip-lock bag with my detecting stuff and come back a few hours later.

Hope you enjoy the new 800.

Rich -

Aloha
Subject Author Views Posted

My first Minelab detector

DirtDigger 51 July 02, 2019 10:21PM

First Minelab detector

UtahRich 43 July 02, 2019 10:51PM

Re: First Minelab detector

DirtDigger 38 July 03, 2019 12:38PM

New EQ800 -

UtahRich 36 July 06, 2019 03:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018