Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Treating myself to a little early-day Vanquish 540 time.

May 21, 2020 06:01AM avatar
We have tolerated, barely, a couple of days on almost unending showers to rumbling downpours, and it's foggy this morning, with clouds breaking periodically and back to 50% chance of being wet after noon. In some places I have checked close to home, the ground is a muddy mess. So what I do for my 'mini-morning vacation'' is going to be site dependent on how the ground make-up is. It will either be an hour or two in a ghost town, or working my way around a fishing spot or two. Haven't fished much since early 2015 before I moved to Vale.

I might end up using another detector or two before I'm done if I hit the old townsite, but I am starting out with my V-540 w/5X8 DD coil. Why? Well, one very good reason is that I happen to like it and the great balance and feel. But another reason is because late yesterday I got a personal letter from the Project Engineering Manager at Minelab Electronics in AU. He wants to have some discussion about the Vanquish and the performance quirks with the Vanquish that I noted after reading my hand-written 5 page service request.

I had ben wondering if the USA service center really did send my report of issues on to their headquarters .... and they did! I received a lengthier-than-normal reply for some direct discussion and attention to their product design after he said he read my review, and then duplicated the results I had. That was truly a 'feel good' moment as I would have with any good detector manufacturer, and it sparked me to devote more hunt-time with my V-540.

Besides, there' always the opportunity to have a successful day and not just a 'got-skunked' day. So, weather permitting and ground that won't swallow up my boots on every step, wish me luck. I really enjoy the performance I get from my Vanquish settings and the 5X8 DD coil, and have just the dedicated area I hope to grid off to put it to work.

I hope everyone else who can get out hunting has some success but if nothing else, enjoys having a good time. I know I will, plus I'll be attentive to my V-540's performance and take notes to discuss this with him. He was the Engineering Technical Lead on the Vanquish Project ,so I know we'll end up with some good answers about the Vanquish, the cause, and what can be done to correct things or deal with it.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Treating myself to a little early-day Vanquish 540 time.

Monte 49 May 21, 2020 06:01AM

FIND ANYTHING?? N/T

Kickindirt 20 May 23, 2020 02:36PM

I thought I mentioned it here, but .. No. I got rained-out.

Monte 20 May 23, 2020 11:32PM

Re: Treating myself to a little early-day Vanquish 540 time.

Druid 32 May 22, 2020 09:08AM

I would be pleased to contribute what I can. N/T

Monte 18 May 22, 2020 02:46PM

Re: Treating myself to a little early-day Vanquish 540 time.

D&P-OR 45 May 21, 2020 09:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018