Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It is HOT! Going to be for a while so it is Vanquish 540 time.

July 17, 2020 03:30AM avatar
Why? Because this unit is not only light-weight and comfortable to use, but my 540 Pro Pack came with the ML-80 wireless headphones which are also light and handy, fit well, and sound great.thumbs up Even better, they do not fully enclose my ears when temperatures are going to range from 94° to 106° according to four weather forecast sites for maybe the next 1½ to 2 weeks. And it could stay hot until this time or later next month..

It hit 99° today out on my very shady deck, and I am hoping to get some boxing and mailing and shopping done today and maybe find a spot or two where it's shady and bearable. Already loaded on my back-seat are a few of my Regular-Use Detectors, and that naturally includes my Vanquish 540. It has the 5X8 DD mounted and ready to do some work.

I have a very good detector and a nice mid-size coil for my needs, but I've had to start looking for some shady parks to take my V-540 and, from where I live, it means heading over into Idaho to a few of the sort-of closer small towns. I hope you have done a little checking for cooler, shadier places to hunt in your area, unless you happen to live where it is already a location with a lot of trees around you. That's one of the few things I enjoyed when I lived in the greater Portland, Oregon metro area. A lot of trees and shady places to hunt .... when it was drier.

So, between later this afternoon and whatever time I can work in this hot weekend, I hope to get in some Vanquish 540 hunt-time. I trust readers will have a successful weekend hunt as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: F5; Apex; Vanquish 540; FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 & Simplex +; T2+; Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

It is HOT! Going to be for a while so it is Vanquish 540 time.

Monte 164 July 17, 2020 03:30AM

Missed a few opportunities, but heading out this morning.

Monte 85 July 28, 2020 04:27AM

Re: Missed a few opportunities, but heading out this morning.

D&P-OR 81 July 28, 2020 08:38AM

It was "City Shooting" so no boots needed. N/T

Monte 65 July 28, 2020 02:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020