Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I didn't like about the NOX 800

September 27, 2020 12:04PM
First and foremost I couldn't take the learning curve!!
The learning curve I'm speaking of, was my unwillingness to adequately test targets and learn what altering the basic settings do the target response and the stability of the machine, not to mention the more advanced settings and what effect they have on each other, target response and overall performance/stability. Frankly, I just didn't want to tray to learn it. It was beneath me, or so I thought! It was me that wasn't up to the task and it wasn't easy like the Simplex+ or the Tesoros. In short, I failed it, it didn't fail me.

I have said in the past that I got rid of the NOX 800 without giving it it's just due and that you just can't argue with the success that follows those who have taken the time and effort to learn and understand what it can do.

Call me crazy but...

I have just acquired another Equinox 800 with the stock and 6" coil and have every intention of finding out what all the hype is really about. I have a feeling this may just help me become the detectorist I want and need to become.

Over the summer I have spent some very intensive time with the Deus, overcoming it's learing curve and the results have been amazing! Much more success coupled with a little less trash collection and a lot more confidence and fun!!

So, here goes me, more humble and willing to learn and be open to what I thought I already had figured out and willing to admit when I'm wrong. We'll see...
Subject Author Views Posted

Dan'o 75 September 27, 2020 12:04PM

Re: What I didn't like about the NOX 800

diggindeep 41 September 28, 2020 10:37AM

Equinox 800 was 'OK' but it was something I didn't 'need.'

Monte 56 September 28, 2020 09:18AM

Re: Equinox 800 was 'OK' but it was something I didn't 'need.'

jmaryt 42 September 28, 2020 07:36PM

UtahRich 47 September 28, 2020 12:12AM

Dan'o 39 September 28, 2020 07:19AM

Kickindirt 43 September 27, 2020 08:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020