Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Equinox 800 was 'OK' but it was something I didn't 'need.'

September 28, 2020 09:18AM avatar
I understand everything you stated, Dan, and I have read or heard all of the favorable claims from folks on the Forums. That's why I got the EQ-800 package from you, so I could see if it was something I felt I needed. But, while I liked some of the 'simplicity' about it in stock or default settings, I wasn't overly impressed with the Equinox and 6" DD when I took it afield to compare with the Vanquish 540 and 5X8 DD that I already had.

I tried a number of the settings people were using and posting on the internet, but more often than not it degraded the Equinox 800's performance. So bad that my other Multi-IQ model, the Vanquish 540, easily out-performed it and I'd have to reset the EQ back to the default settings and start all over again.

As you and many others know, I like to keep things 'Simple' yet functional, so, for me, the XP ORX is a better model than their Deus. The Nokta / Makro Simplex + I happen to prefer over their various Kruzer or Anfibio models. And I have a couple of Garrett Apex units now and, while I am sure they ought to build on the Apex 'series' concept, I might or might not be all that interested on an up-line version with more adjustment functions simply because this 'simple' intro unit works so well.

As long as a detector or two, or more, work well enough that we are satisfied and enjoy using them, then that's the important criteria. I've even thought about getting another after parting with the one I got from you, but then I am satisfied with the Multi-IQ V-540, I really like the comfort and balance, and I have heard far more negative things about the Equinox than I have the Vanquish. Leakage or component failures being two of the topics.

If you do get another, take the time and learn it well, and in the long run ... have fun and find stuff.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

What I didn't like about the NOX 800

Dan'o 73 September 27, 2020 12:04PM

Re: What I didn't like about the NOX 800

diggindeep 41 September 28, 2020 10:37AM

Equinox 800 was 'OK' but it was something I didn't 'need.'

Monte 52 September 28, 2020 09:18AM

Re: Equinox 800 was 'OK' but it was something I didn't 'need.'

jmaryt 41 September 28, 2020 07:36PM

What I didn't like about the NOX 800

UtahRich 47 September 28, 2020 12:12AM

Dan'o 38 September 28, 2020 07:19AM

Kickindirt 42 September 27, 2020 08:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020