Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Short Work Out with the 800 - Unmasking

November 22, 2020 11:30PM avatar
I thought I should move this over to the Minelab Forum so it can be found more easily by the Minelab Users.

I don't usually post such meager results - but I know some of you are interested in the unmasking capabilities of your detector.

I was standing in an old park yesterday with my 800 ever so slowly circling a signal trying to decide if it was a Digger or Leaver. I had sensitivity at max. Depth gauge was maxed out, audio was squeaking up in the higher coin range and was present about 80% of the passes. Definite coin I thought. Time to dig. A minute or so later I was at 9", the full depth of my Garrett pro-pointer and I was right over the top of my target at the bottom of the hole. I took out another inch of soil and there was a wheat cent. It brought a smile. I was hoping for silver but pleased for a coin.

I added it to an old Boy Scout Pin - Be Prepared, and another wheat cent already in the pouch. The other wheat cent was found at 7". That wheat cent was co-located with a small wad of folded aluminum foil two inches above it and a large rusty four inch nail 3" below it. As I swept over the 3 items, there were consistent target ID flashes in the penny / dime (24, 25, 26) range with an accompanying high tone, so I investigated.

Another find was a disappointing 1mil Utah Sales Tax Token. Target ID trying to hold in the 15, 16, 17 range. But there was obviously some iron there too. It was found at seven inches with a single very rusted nail. Pretty good.

The sun went down and I headed back to the car pleased with a couple good finds, hoping next time I'll be rewarded with silver and gold.

My Equinox 800 Settings -

Coil -= EQX-11
Park 1
Noise Cancel = -7
GB = 17
Sens = 25
5 Tones - (-9-0) (1-11) (12-13) (14-17) (18-40)
Rec = 4
Iron Bias = FE2 - 2

Rich

----------------------------------------------------

Just One More Good Target Before I Go . . . .
Subject Author Views Posted

A Short Work Out with the 800 - Unmasking

UtahRich 233 November 22, 2020 11:30PM

- Left off the pic Attachments

UtahRich 161 November 27, 2020 10:08PM

I don't think that was a disappointing find.

Monte 256 November 23, 2020 03:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021